Black Friday 2010

There is one to avoid Black Friday-stay home. Another way move to Canada which doesn't have Black Friday as Thanksgiving is on Monday in early October.
Survive tomorrow!

Implanted Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

Some of that Black Friday is going on right now. I have friends who have been standing at the front door of Sears since 530 this am this Thanksgiving Day!....doors open at 7am.....I think they are gunning for a good deal on a washer/dryer set. Retailers are pushing for people to spend early this year....

Actually, we are having Black Friday events here in Canada too as well. It's not as popular, but it's starting to get popular these days.

Not to mention we also have Boxing Day.

Wirelessly posted

Tousi said:
Some of that Black Friday is going on right now. I have friends who have been standing at the front door of Sears since 530 this am this Thanksgiving Day!....doors open at 7am.....I think they are gunning for a good deal on a washer/dryer set. Retailers are pushing for people to spend early this year....

Now I heard everything.

Actually, we are having Black Friday events here in Canada too as well. It's not as popular, but it's starting to get popular these days.

Not to mention we also have Boxing Day.

Can you explain to me what Boxing Day is? I have heard of it but I've never fully understood it. I am told the Boxing Day in UK is different from in Canada and AUS?

Re: my post #64, my friends sent me a picture from their Evo, depicting a stacked washer/dryer set. Sounds like they are getting that....not sure yet. Those stackable, front loaders seem to be popular these days.

Can you explain to me what Boxing Day is? I have heard of it but I've never fully understood it. I am told the Boxing Day in UK is different from in Canada and AUS?

Boxing Day

And good morning to you, too, Dixie. Hope you get that job you've been talking about! Happy Thanksgiving!

i had a black black friday :((

Over here in Puerto Rico, stores opened @ 12-3am, so i was early doing lines,getting discounts and obviously spending.. so i finished my shopping, got a lot of nice clothes, and i was with my mom @ k-mart doing the layaway line, i was sitting next to these boom boxes, i put my bags next to me to look for my phone in my pocket, look at the time & when i reach for my bag, it was gone.:shock::shock:

a friend of mine got 40' LCD TV for $298.00, lucky my friend!!!. they got in line at midnight before opening at 4am.

i didn't go for early black friday but i did went to best buy store yesterday, it is pretty closer to where my BF lives for 5 minutes walk. i saw that it is still on SALE.

and also i got a good stuff at macy's store on SALE.

Last edited:
Speaking of Macy's, two days BEFORE Black Friday, I got a new wool Guess winter coat for 90 dollars and it's original price was 225.00. :shock:

Speaking of Macy's, two days BEFORE Black Friday, I got a new wool Guess winter coat for 90 dollars and it's original price was 225.00. :shock:

You live in California. Shouldn't that have been free? :P

I once got heatstroke in El Paso in November.

You live in California. Shouldn't that have been free? :P

I once got heatstroke in El Paso in November.
:lol: It has been dipping into the 30's this week here in Riverside which sits at an elevation of 900 feet, give or take a few. And the local mountains are within 45 minutes of here and, well, you know it gets really cold, icy, and snowy up there.

I'm afraid that this might be the last "big" black Friday we will see. The retailers Sears and Kmart decided to remain open on Thanksgiving day.:mad: I'm afraid the other business will fear the thought of "missed profits" and will also open next year.

Last edited:
I got Harry Potter part 6 for only 6.99 even though they were not run out! Thank goodness! WiiFit plus was OUT! :( Bummer! No big deal...I can get it when they are back in stock!

I'm afraid that this might be the last "big" black Friday we will see. The retailers Sears and Kmart decided to remain open on Thanksgiving day.:mad: I'm afraid the other business will fear the thought of "missed profits" and will also open next year.

I went to KMart in the day on Thanksgiving before nighttime dinner.

I thought it was fun. I obtained a few really comfortable cotton knit shirts and a pair of flannel pants. Not very many people were there. I think few knew about it.

I never go out on Black Friday. It is too dangerous for me.

Back