Bizarre calls

Seems TTY is a lot less of a "hassle" that Videophone. At the present time will remain with the system I currently use.

Implanted Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

WOW: i can see having Bell Relay Service does eliminate all kind of strange calls. I use Bell Canada TeleMessage Service for all incoming calls and have the Relay Service access on my behalf. Advise Bell if any commercial messages just delete and key nothing. I have a regular Vista phone which lights up if any unheard messages in Call Answer. Then use my TTY. I have been doing this since 1996. Perhaps a different system here in Canada.

Advanced Bionics- Harmony activated Aug/07

The issues most of the people are having are basically "internet issues" (and how to properly reboot/cycle to hardwire - just like you would with a internet modem, router etc). There's not actaully relay service or phone issues. The video phones used for VRS are typically D-Link i2Eye Video phones re-branded/tweaked by&for Sorenson etc - but at for all intents and purposed the same VPs used by many large companies to allow cross country/international video conferencing etc.

The reason you don't get "strange calls" is because you don't accept any incoming calls - instead every call goes directly to voicemail (your TeleMessage service) and you instruct the relay service to automatically delete whatever sounds "spammish".

In general VRS is actually a much smoother, natural system than traditional TTY.

BTW - almost all the newer phones (cordless especially) that have Voicemail options will have an indicator (on the phone and on the base unit) that lights up/flashes etc as well as having an on screen indicator that you have a waiting unheard message...

P.S. Since you repeat it in basically every point, why don't us add your CI info and your TTY, Bell Telemessage info into your signature section ... that way it would automatically appear in each of your post and you wouldn't have to waste your precious time typing the exact same thing, over and over and over, and over.

Anij: As duly noted before: I don't have IP/VRS just a TTY. I don't plan in altering the system I presently use.The other reason, of course, of NOT answering my phone calls-was the Hearing problem I had previously- now deaf. Having my Cochlear Implant now has NOT changed the procedure what I have done for almost 15 years now. Whether my actual hearing/deaf condition is replicated with other members here-is irrelevant as to how I deal with my actual situation. This of course-predates joining Alldeaf.com by many years. What I have actually done re: telephone was discussed in CHS Hearing Loss classes-a long time ago.
As for the "massive duplication of keying a few words" will discuss with my "computer savvyed" sons in due course. Not exactly a "pressing urgent task".

Last edited:
The issues most of the people are having are basically "internet issues" (and how to properly reboot/cycle to hardwire - just like you would with a internet modem, router etc). There's not actaully relay service or phone issues. The video phones used for VRS are typically D-Link i2Eye Video phones re-branded/tweaked by&for Sorenson etc - but at for all intents and purposed the same VPs used by many large companies to allow cross country/international video conferencing etc.

The reason you don't get "strange calls" is because you don't accept any incoming calls - instead every call goes directly to voicemail (your TeleMessage service) and you instruct the relay service to automatically delete whatever sounds "spammish".

In general VRS is actually a much smoother, natural system than traditional TTY.

BTW - almost all the newer phones (cordless especially) that have Voicemail options will have an indicator (on the phone and on the base unit) that lights up/flashes etc as well as having an on screen indicator that you have a waiting unheard message...

P.S. Since you repeat it in basically every point, why don't us add your CI info and your TTY, Bell Telemessage info into your signature section ... that way it would automatically appear in each of your post and you wouldn't have to waste your precious time typing the exact same thing, over and over and over, and over.

i gave him the direct link to change his signature, and he decided to keep typing that info in. heh.

My signature hasn't changed-still drphil. Why get excited?

Implanted Advanced bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

Anij: As duly noted before: I don't have IP/VRS just a TTY. I don't plan in altering the system I presently use.The other reason, of course, of NOT answering my phone calls-was the Hearing problem I had previously- now deaf. Having my Cochlear Implant now has NOT changed the procedure what I have done for almost 15 years now. Whether my actual hearing/deaf condition is replicated with other members here-is irrelevant as to how I deal with my actual situation. This of course-predates joining Alldeaf.com by many years. What I have actually done re: telephone was discussed in CHS Hearing Loss classes-a long time ago.
As for the "massive duplication of keying a few words" will discuss with my "computer savvyed" sons in due course. Not exactly a "pressing urgent task".

:roll:
No one is trying to get you to change you system ... good grief Bill!!

I KNOW that you have your "system" and that your not familiar with VRS etc BECAUSE your happy with your "system". I simply explained what the problem previous posters where having - since you'd mentioned that VRS seems to be a "hassle", which it's not. It simply has occasional problems just like traditional phones do. The connection issues the previous posters mentioned are really no different than if your phone line doesn't work do to upgrades, an accident that knocks out the phone line, a power outage that (unless you have a UPS) knocks out your TTY, or a problem with 711 itself (technical difficulties)

No one is trying to make you change anything Bill ...

I'm assuming that you'd rather live in ignorance, than learn about the various technologies we use ? If that's the case - just don't post about things you don't know about ... then you won't have to worry about anyone explaining anything ...

good grief

My signature hasn't changed-still drphil. Why get excited?

Implanted Advanced bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

You don't have a signature right now ... it's blank.

My signature is my "user name" which hasn't changed. Using this computer hardly suggests "living in ignorance".
I post comments on what I have done so far. I have made no comments on Video phone/I P etc as I don't have them-yet.

My signature is my "user name" which hasn't changed. Using this computer hardly suggests "living in ignorance".
I post comments on what I have done so far. I have made no comments on Video phone/I P etc as I don't have them-yet.

?
Your username is drphil

You currently have no signature.
A "signature" is text/pics etc that are displayed under each message automatically - separated from the body of the message with a solid line ... in my case my "signature" is the purple text you'll read below ... in your case, you don't have one.

Fine no problem back to more important things-Cochlear Implant exercise shortly.(swing dance class)

Implanted Advanced Bionics-harmony Activated Aug/07

?
Your username is drphil

You currently have no signature.
A "signature" is text/pics etc that are displayed under each message automatically - separated from the body of the message with a solid line ... in my case my "signature" is the purple text you'll read below ... in your case, you don't have one.
drphil,

Anij was explaining what signature is, and you do not understand what anij was trying to explain - I have displayed more visual for you to understand better, please see below of my visual instructions and we hope you can get the idea :aw:

1 - this is the clear explaination of the difference between a 'username' and 'signature' I use anij's as an exmaple.

24ee051.jpg

and then I will point you to the right direction on how to set up one for your convience, go to 'User CP' and you will see this;

5v8wbb.jpg

Click on 'Edit Signature' as per instructed below;

2hcdagk.jpg

Does this make sense now, drphil?

No doubt of momentous import! Off to real work: Deaf swimming.

I noticed I got 14 missed from same number ip numbers and "root". is that spam or hack?

drphil,

Anij was explaining what signature is, and you do not understand what anij was trying to explain - I have displayed more visual for you to understand better, please see below of my visual instructions and we hope you can get the idea :aw:

1 - this is the clear explaination of the difference between a 'username' and 'signature' I use anij's as an exmaple.

24ee051.jpg

and then I will point you to the right direction on how to set up one for your convience, go to 'User CP' and you will see this;

5v8wbb.jpg

Click on 'Edit Signature' as per instructed below;

2hcdagk.jpg

Does this make sense now, drphil?

Thank you tutorial :D

I noticed I got 14 missed from same number ip numbers and "root". is that spam or hack?

I had the same happened to me. strangest thing is that since I have two sorenson vp's on same ip address but different ports, only one showed that issue. The other showed nothing. weird.

I got "test" on my missed call list, it's 203.211.135.104 they're in Singapore

funny- same thing here- got it about 3:30 in morning and woke us up. wife was pissed and tried to call them back before I had chance to stop her. suprise! no answer. oh well. :dunno2:

One advantage of using my TTY- Bell Canada TeleMessage Service- don't have to answer any incoming calls. Peace Anij.

Back