Bittorrent?

PeteEMT

Reaction score
Okay, so I missed my show last night and decided to try bittorrent to see if I could get it. :whistle: After a 2 hour download , I couldn't get the CC to work. Playing it via Windows Media Player 10 and it's an avi file.

Has anybody actually got CC to work with bittorrent downloads? :dunno:

Bittorent isn't the problem, it's just another filesharing method..... I do not believe you can show CC on a movie file (*.avi;*.mpg) that you download unless that file was created with captioning on..... Whenever that movie file is played then, subtitles will be on..... you can't turn on/off.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong please, but I haven't seen ability to turn on/off subtitles/CC for a movie file.

SimpleMan said:
Bittorent isn't the problem, it's just another filesharing method..... I do not believe you can show CC on a movie file (*.avi;*.mpg) that you download unless that file was created with captioning on..... Whenever that movie file is played then, subtitles will be on..... you can't turn on/off.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong please, but I haven't seen ability to turn on/off subtitles/CC for a movie file.

There's an option in WMP to turn Captions on if available. But probably in the compressing, it throws out extraneous data like Line 21 stuff.

Ahh Well

I have seen the cc option on WMP, but never seen ANY cc to work on the downloaded movie files.

You're right. The captioning works when you use something that has subtitles included such as DVD or special video files. However, most videos that are recorded do not have captioning included. Just because you see the option for "subtitles" or "captions" there doesn't mean that it will work. Some DVDs do not have subtitles included... yet, the remote has a subtitles button. Are you going to blame the company because they have a subtitles button? Nah!

Back