Birds/Parrots, etc.

Lantana

Reaction score
I have not seen many deafies who have birds for pets. I, myself was not that interested, unless it was to view the comical antics of a parrot in a pet store. However,my husband thought differently and wanted a bird!

We did some research and the bird that we were interested in just happened to be for sale in the Capital Press Agriculture newspaper.

So, 4 years ago we purchased Lenny, a male Solomon Island Eclectus. He is bright green, the females of the species are red.

I hope I can figure out how to post a picture of Lenny here, taken last month during the holidays.

Lantana
Lantana's Latitude
Blogspot.com

Attachments

• Lenny Benny.jpg
    Lenny Benny.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 6
Beautiful bird!

My household has a Cockatiel She is a great bird, very comical .. My husband wants a larger bird. So we will look into it.

Aww beautiful bird. I used to have a Pied Cockatiel (she passed away few years ago). She loved to have her head scratched and going in a car rides on my shoulder.

BEAUTIFUL GREEEEEEEEEEN BIRD! :)

I used to have canary when I was a kid. That's it. I don't want a bird because we have 2 dogs. Plus bird sure make a huge messes lol! They are fun to watch though. We go to pet store and we always visit the birds to enjoy ourselves. Sometimes pet them. My aunt used to have birds but found out she is allergic to birds feathers and she had to give the birds up. :(

Birds Are Messy!

:ugh3: Yes, you are right, birds are very messy creatures. After awhile it becomes kind of an "art" to keep the cage and surrounding area looking nice. One must be consistent and do the same thing every day.

We have two cats. They are both afraid of Lenny! Lenny gave one of them a fat lip right at the beginning and that taught everyone a lesson. Actually dogs are alot more dangerous to pet birds than cats are. They bite the head of the bird right off! Cats like to kill them slowly.

I enjoy talking about pets, and my favorite t.v. program is Animal Planet.

Lantana

Back