Bird is hungry and is that okay to feed that...?

PowerON

Reaction score
Probably not always pet but general bird, you feed and enjoy to watch them eat until they become fat. Probably useless when they cannot fly, therefore, you can keep it as pet. Or eat em...

Anyway, my head come up when you're eat breakfast outside patio in a nice day. You saw a little bird jumping n' hopping, look for food. Sure, it's hungry. You decide to toss something to bird and it joy and pick up and ate it.

What a minutes... you're toss that EGG to bird? Make it them as cannibalistic! MAD BIRD!!!

Maybe some bird who are design being predator to steal someone's bird's egg and eat it. But not that kind bird who being innocent, just eat seed or insect. But egg??? Chicken's pre-fetus. Maybe just fetus. Do you think that's okay? That twisted my head for a sure!

However, for your own pet, depend, maybe it's good protein for bird to eat.
Are Eggs Really Good for My Bird - Can Birds Eat Eggs - Feeding Eggs to Birds

It's good protein and nutrition for the bird.. They don't know or care about cannibalism..

It's good protein and nutrition for the bird.. They don't know or care about cannibalism..

I'm sure, it is as long as it doesn't have salt. That would surely kill these bird.

Heck, I could feed spicy pepper to bird. They been told that most bird doesn't have sense on taste. *shurg*

Last edited:
It's not cannibalism if the bird isn't eating its own species's egg but the mother bird does eat its pieces of egg after it hatches.

It depends on the bird species. They all have different nutritional needs and tolerances.

if it's a predator - obviously a meat.
if it's a prey - I guess a worm and seed

It's not a big deal anyway unless you follow strict rules for what is considered nature. The eggs sold in stores are unable to develop into a fetus.

Feeding some non-seed food is not the concern. I'm sure you have seen sparrows, crows or seagulls,etc outside a restaurant. They'll eat anything without thinking twice. Beef, chicken, rice, potatoes, anything.. They're starving, have been modernized and 'humanized', they no longer able to revert back to their original nature.
It's the same reason why some people don't like birds at the sanctuary in a zoo.

sure you're not feeding seagulls ? they"ll eat anything which is why you se them around garbage dumps

I had a friend who had a parrot for a pet. He swears that feeding it an egg enhances its plumage, and from what I have seen, I agree. :)

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epix (i907))

If I happen to feed a wild bird, I would buy wild bird food in a feeder. You can watch them come and go. :) Ducks and geese, I give them bread scraps. Seagulls, none because they're rat on wings.

Ducks and geese, I give them bread scraps. Seagulls, none because they're rat on wings.
oh dearie...goD bless narrowed-minds. :evil: have you read/research ANYthing first??

Feeding ducks cookies, crackers, chips, bread or any junk food will dramatically shorten their life span and cause many health problems...

(( SOURCE: :> Liveducks.com | Duck Care and Feeding ))

do me a favor everybody, do NOT feed them any junk food please!

oh dearie...goD bless narrowed-minds. :evil: have you read/research ANYthing first??

Feeding ducks cookies, crackers, chips, bread or any junk food will dramatically shorten their life span and cause many health problems...

(( SOURCE: :> Liveducks.com | Duck Care and Feeding ))

do me a favor everybody, do NOT feed them any junk food please!

Have you gone mad? I don't do that anymore with duck and geeses, honestly.
They got do not feed wild bird signs marked all over the place, so it's there for a reason.

Have you gone mad? I don't do that anymore with duck and geeses, honestly.
They got do not feed wild bird signs marked all over the place, so it's there for a reason.
yep. I am highly an animal activist and many people don't follow these signs.. glad to know you are not doing that anymore. please advise everyone you know too, thank you! :)

yep. I am highly an animal activist and many people don't follow these signs.. glad to know you are not doing that anymore. please advise everyone you know too, thank you! :)

Yeah I can see that coming. :lol: I fed some swans with some kind of bird feed they provide which is good for them. That was last month. ;)

and those poor "rat on wings" too?

Well, I don't think I have fed seagulls before, they eat plenty of crap from garbage or whatever. Tsk tsk them. I saw one eating a starfish at the beach in West Seattle. I took picture of him, too. :lol:

Well, I don't think I have fed seagulls before, they eat plenty of crap from garbage or whatever. Tsk tsk them. I saw one eating a starfish at the beach in West Seattle. I took picture of him, too. :lol:
while I agree with you they DO eat like rats, but you should be nice to them too. like you said in other thread, it's bird-eat-bird life... or should we call you biracism? :lol:

feeding birds.... disgusting. stop it. they shit all over.

Back