Bipolar Disorder

I grew up with 2 Parent's who are Bi-Polar. To say my life was Hell would be minimizing what happened to me. I use Mom and Dad just to make them easy to identify with but not how I feel about them. The only reason why my Dad got help was because my Mom had him committed. He thought we were drugging him, people were out to get him, etc. He is also not very discreet sexually. My Mom boy she was just mean and then could be nice in a flash. I really don't know how I'm alive to this day. Then my Mom got help so they could both get disability. They should not work cause they are not easy people to work with.

I'm not saying every one who is Mentally ill are like this. Just my experience and it was not good at all. I've thought about writing a book about it. Some pretty crazy stuff happened.

My Dad tried to contact me awhile ago on Facebook. I blocked him. People may think I am cruel. I have forgiven them but I have to protect myself. They have not changed and there is only so much a person can take. My Parent's are divorced. I moved to another State. This makes it a lot easier to not have contact.

My SO witness some of the abuse 1st hand and was shocked. We have known each other since we were teenagers. He realizes why I am so guarded and hard as ice. I had to be. He and my kids have thawed it tho :) The only thing good from all of it is I strive to be a great Mom to my kids. They have a normal childhood where they are protected and loved. Not physically and mentally abused. My bond with them is so strong and just a source of joy for me. I'm truly lucky to not repeat such a horrible cycle.

At this time I won't share details due to my Father being deaf and until I am sure he is not on these Forums I'll have to be protective of them. His writing style is very telling. So far have not seen it yet.

Back