Bionic!

set2

Reaction score
The surgery (CI for right ear) went well. I have not had too much pain but I did get a little sick to my stomach after drinking some cranberry juice. I feel better after taking the pressure bandage off. To anyone else having the surgery I would recommend:

1. Sleeping in a recliner
2. Avoid Cranberry and Orange Juice
3. Throat Lozenges

Glad to hear things went well. Take it easy and your day in the sun will come soon enough.

Rest and heal - you're in for a wonderful experience. The sleep in a recliner chair tip was dead-on: that's what I did for the first few days following my surgery! I also found popsicles / freezies helped the throat too, since mine is always irritated following surgery because of the oxygen tube.

Set2,

It sounds like your recovery is going well! I also slept in a recliner during my first week following surgery and it really helped keep the swelling down. I also stocked up on lots of easy to prepare foods like soup, macaroni and cheese, pudding and ice cream. As for cranberry or orange juice, people are usually advised to avoid them following surgery because of their acidity. At any rate, I'm glad everything went well! Now it's time to look forward to activation! :)

The surgery (CI for right ear) went well. I have not had too much pain but I did get a little sick to my stomach after drinking some cranberry juice. I feel better after taking the pressure bandage off. To anyone else having the surgery I would recommend:

3. Throat Lozenges

I'm glad it all went well for you! I hope your recovery continues in like manner. :) Do you have a switch on date?

Congratulations with your CI surgery! I am glad to hear things are going well so far. Why does sleeping in recliner chair help with recovery, I am just curious.

Congratulations with your CI surgery! I am glad to hear things are going well so far. Why does sleeping in recliner chair help with recovery, I am just curious.

Because your neck can feel a bit sore after surgery and also some people find it hard to sleep on the wound for the first few days. I personally found it more comfortable to sleep lying down on the wound because my neck muscles on that side received support on the pillow. I also have a personal theory that since gravity caused the blood circulation to get to the wound, that it improved better.

Glad that your surgery went well. Congrats!

Yay! I am glad that your surgery went well. When did they let you take off the bandage?

Contra: I was able to take the bandage off the next day.

R2D2: My switch on date is August 9

ENTs never remember the lozenges. The sore throat, and reaction to acidic juices is from the intubation, which the anasthesiologists do.

Hope you have a quick recovery.

Sheri

3. Throat Lozenges

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for all the positive thoughts. R2D2, I have the Freedom implant.

Congratulations on your CI! Finally, someone else has the R ear implanted [like me!] Keep restin' and you'll be feeling back to your old self soon! :D

Back