BioLite Camp stove

naisho

Forum Disorders M.D.,Ph.D
Reaction score
Anyone plans to get one?
Looks pretty interesting. Good for all that traveling, or emergency charger or those who are nature crazy.

home_page_main_slider-941x474.jpg

BioLite CampStove Portable Charger

BioLite%2BCampStove.jpg

Our Mission & Story

BioLite develops and manufactures advanced energy products that make cooking with wood as clean safe and easy as modern fuels while also providing electricity to charge cell phones and LED lights off-grid. We feel a strong sense of responsibility not just to develop products that work well but also to create businesses that make a positive contribution to the global community.
We believe in market-based approaches to poverty alleviation. By creating solutions that are effective, affordable and desirable to the end user, we can reach more people more effectively. Sales of the CampStove help to support the one-time market establishment costs for the HomeStove. This is not charity, or a one-for-one model, but simply the capital needed to incubate self-sustained energy access for the people who need it most.

The BioLite team together has over 30 years of product development experience and holds more than 30 utility patents. Previous clients include OXO, Johnson & Johnson, Hewlett Packard, Nike, Lego, Church and Dwight, Pepsi, GE, Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Motorola, and Bosch. More than 90% of our developed products have gone on to be successful in the market.

BioLite’s Origin

Invented by Alexander Drummond and Jonathan Cedar, the BioLite stove technology was inspired by a philosophy of applying efficient design to real world problems.

Alec and Jonathan met at the design consultancy Smart Design in New York City, where they quickly bonded over their interest in sustainable design in 2006. Alec, frustrated that all efficient camping stoves required petroleum fuel or batteries, had the idea of a wood-burning stove able to utilize its own thermal energy. Jonathan, an avid camper, quickly brought his engineering background to the table and the two began the design process. Countless nights, weekends, and prototypes later, the BioLite Camp Stove was born.

It doesn't seem very safe to plug your Ipod into a wood burning stove.

Cool! It would make a nice addition to my solar phone charger. :)

They are shipping in July for $129 US a piece. A bit on the higher side but I suspect they are using this money to help people around the globe and donating units in impoverished countries like Africa.
:slap: Africa is a continent containing different countries. :wave:

cool but it is not safe!! i stick with the old fashioned method is to get woods and fire it out

*eyebrows lift*... Very interesting! I'll add it for survival kit for emergency due earthquake, power outrage, flooding, etc...

here's what work very well since cavemen era....

match-burning.jpg

Cavemen had matches?! :shock:

:lol:

now I see how my post is somewhat misleading. what I meant is that a simple fire starter is all you need since it had worked well and reliably since cavemen era.... none of these silly gadgets.

Back