Bilateral!!!!

faire_jour

Reaction score
We got our insurance approval today, Miss Kat goes bilateral the 28th!!

It's very exciting because we actually had to change insurance companies because the previous plan flatly denied bilaterals! We've only had the new plan since July 1st! It's an awful big expense for the very first week!

We also like that it's only been 19 months since the first so the rehab won't have to too long and the ear should catch up to the first pretty quick. Plus, hopefully she won't end up with a "preferred" ear because it should catch up.

ha ha i notice that our time of posting it at the same time. ha

i wonder how does miss kate feels about it? bet shes excited about it.

She's a little nervous. When we first brought it up she HATED the idea. I asked her some questions and she explained that she had some worries. She told me she was worried it would hurt, I explained that the doctor would give us some medicine to help the pain. Then she asked how she would sleep with two big bandages on her head....I thought about it, and said "No! Your first implant is fine. It is staying the same. You aren't getting 2 implants, you are getting a SECOND implant!" She understood, and now she is excited.

Great minds say exactly the same thing at the same time! :h5:

{But old great minds have trouble using multi-quote.}

Or the two of you are evil twins ... :devil:
Beware, the night is young..

Cute. So what kind of Ci do you plan to get one? I can't recall that you did mention once.

She has an AB in her left and we will get another AB for the right.

Anyone need to buy a Naida :hmm:

Cool she can pick the colorful magnets one. I do not know whats it called. my apologizes. My girlfreind got AB. She picked the silver one for now and is trying to get more colors but it depends on how insurnace goes.

That's so cool, Faire Jour, Thank godness for new insurance... I am looking forward to her success with TWO ears...

I just go to the craft store and we pick out flowers or rhinestones or holiday crafty stuff and then stick it to the headpiece with double stick tape.

That's fun. They also make Ear Gear for implants too. (and I am really not their salesperson even though I keep talking about them. :lol: )

That's fun. They also make Ear Gear for implants too. (and I am really not their salesperson even though I keep talking about them. :lol: )

Ear gear is fabulous - if you have skinny aids. I can't imagine it on a CI. Having said that, I am a big advocate for it. It has saved my aids from horses many times. I can't wear it daily though, since it makes my aids so much thicker.

congets i hate cis for the reason you cant go bilateral here

but i think they are great for people who can go bilateral but i think they are wonderful ONLY when used bilaterally

all the best :happy

Back