Bilateral Implant video

LTHFAdvocate

Reaction score
Some former clients of the Let Them Hear Foundation Insurance Advocacy Program have posted video of their bilaterally implanted children's activation sessions and examples of their post-activation language abilities on YouTube.

YouTube - Elliot's bilateral CI activation, September 2006

Elliot got his second implant last year just after he turned 5. Currently, he has 96 % speech recognition scores, which frankly, are better than mine under best aided conditions so I am a little jealous !

YouTube - Oliver Cochlear Implant Activation 12/2006

Elliot's brother, Oliver, got both of his implants before age 1. Elliot's appeal resulted in a policy change for Blue Cross / Blue Shield of Georgia, so Oliver's case didn't require an appeal

YouTube - Kevin 6 month hearing update

Kevin got bilateral implants at 9 months of age. Six months post-activation he has significant open set language recognition as well as expressive language.

this organization handled all my appeals for Blue Cross Blue shield of Tennessee. They were able to overturn my denial on my left ear. I am now the proud bilaterial CI user. thank you for everything. It has been the best.

Some former clients of the Let Them Hear Foundation Insurance Advocacy Program have posted video of their bilaterally implanted children's activation sessions and examples of their post-activation language abilities on YouTube.

YouTube - Elliot's bilateral CI activation, September 2006

Elliot got his second implant last year just after he turned 5. Currently, he has 96 % speech recognition scores, which frankly, are better than mine under best aided conditions so I am a little jealous !

YouTube - Oliver Cochlear Implant Activation 12/2006

Elliot's brother, Oliver, got both of his implants before age 1. Elliot's appeal resulted in a policy change for Blue Cross / Blue Shield of Georgia, so Oliver's case didn't require an appeal

YouTube - Kevin 6 month hearing update

Kevin got bilateral implants at 9 months of age. Six months post-activation he has significant open set language recognition as well as expressive language.

Did you ever get Drew's explanation of benefits and approval letter for simultaneous bilateral implants? I sent them to you but didn't hear back.

We recently had someone you couldn't assist (b/c they were going with Nucleus) contact us and with our explanation of benefits convinced Anthem to approve bilaterals where before they were claiming it to not be medically necessary. It felt great to help in that way!

Oh, and anyone looking for other videos or information on simultaneous bilaterals, there are several of Drew's videos on his blog (below) and on YouTube.

Last edited:
Did you ever get Drew's explanation of benefits and approval letter for simultaneous bilateral implants? I sent them to you but didn't hear back.

I didn't, can you resend, please

We recently had someone you couldn't assist (b/c they were going with Nucleus) contact us and with our explanation of benefits convinced Anthem to approve bilaterals where before they were claiming it to not be medically necessary. It felt great to help in that way!

No one is more upset than me about having charge Cochlear patients for appeals. I don't believe that OMS is capable of providing the same level of service and success rate that we do. However, when all of our available funds are restricted by their providers for use only for cases with other device manufacturers, my hands are *completely* tied.

Sheri

Hi Sheri,

thank you for a great job in taking care of my appeals. Without the organization, I would have never had the wonderful experience of hearing. It has been a fantastic experience and I enjoying hearing every minute of it.

thanks,
Valerie

Back