Bigger isn't always better or cooler

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
For many years, I've wondered whether I would prefer to drive a Camry or Corolla. Accord or Civic? Taurus or Focus?

I would pick Camry, Accord, and Taurus in heartbeat. That was back then. If you asked me right now, I would go in other direction.

I remember few years ago working with a woman who had a Corolla. This person was like 65 years old. Her Corolla was in shop for some repairs. The shop gave her a Camry loaner to use. She wasn't happy because the Camry was using up a lot of gas. I know that Camry does have good MPG, but when you have Corolla, Camry MPG would look horrible in comparison.

I remember thinking to myself that I would be happy to drive a Camry because that is like a free upgrade to what I had. However, when I look at people who simply want a vehicle to go from Point A to Point B, I can understand that they would want to save money on gas and use it for other things.

Try 1979 Toyota Corolla. It give s really excellent gas mileage. It have 13.3 gallon tank. I paid $6 to fill up the tank which was back in 1987 ( 79 cents a gallon). I drove the car from Olathe KS to Cincinnati, Ohio on one tank then from Cincinnati to Rochester, NY. I filled up gas twice one way and paid $12 total. Doesn't it sound impossible? I did record the trip meter and it's 625 miles on one tank.

It had 1.8 liter 4 cylinder carburetor engine (piston had half ball dome on top of it) and 5 speed transmission.

Downside, this car doesn't steer well and it had chronic starter motor problems. You have to push the car then pop the clutch to start.
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/...MLh83lyU3GNVoZKP_AvAksDTXwB1BMFFxmXAJ4ipJPUOs

CAtty

For many years, I've wondered whether I would prefer to drive a Camry or Corolla. Accord or Civic? Taurus or Focus?

I would pick Camry, Accord, and Taurus in heartbeat. That was back then. If you asked me right now, I would go in other direction.

I remember few years ago working with a woman who had a Corolla. This person was like 65 years old. Her Corolla was in shop for some repairs. The shop gave her a Camry loaner to use. She wasn't happy because the Camry was using up a lot of gas. I know that Camry does have good MPG, but when you have Corolla, Camry MPG would look horrible in comparison.

I remember thinking to myself that I would be happy to drive a Camry because that is like a free upgrade to what I had. However, when I look at people who simply want a vehicle to go from Point A to Point B, I can understand that they would want to save money on gas and use it for other things.

Camry comes with different size and types of motors. That may well be the difference. I have one that is a 4 cylinder and have no complaints. They are also offered with 6 cylinder and Hybrid.

Yeah , I wish the parking spaces where bigger now that cars and trucks have gotten so big. Some people are taking up two parking spaces when they park their car or truck . I was sitting in my car and a guy started backing into the parking space next my car . The guy keep backing up his huge trucking and I am looking at guy , he was hitting a car parked behind his truck and a woman was in the car. The guy had no idea ne backing into car b/c his truck was so long and huge.

Dragons don't exist..:lol:

But Dragonfly is exist.

800px-Sympetrum_flaveolum_-_side_%28aka%29.jpg

Depends on if your single, married, no family to big family. For me, since I have standard family size, I prefer my kids with their friends so, no cars, no SUV, no truck, Van sucks due to high profile and rust faster... It HDV which is perfect for me. There is only one make and model that is truly HDV was in production.
Plus, I wanted one that I can get in and out of vehicle easily without hurting my neck. HDV or any SuperDuty is one!

But Dragonfly is exist.

800px-Sympetrum_flaveolum_-_side_%28aka%29.jpg

Stupid jerk dragonflies... I got attacked by one of those jerks the other day pulling up to my moms on my motorcycle.... As soon as I shut off my bike... Bink, bink, bink, bink, bink.... It was out for BLOOD! :shock: Friggin dragonflies...

ANYWAYS!

I actually like the new Corollas better than I like the Camery's.... Plus, I prefer 4 CYL over 6 CYL because of gas mileage.... Quite frankly, I didn't feel that big of a power difference in them, either. Honestly though, I prefer my Scion over both of them... :P

Stupid jerk dragonflies... I got attacked by one of those jerks the other day pulling up to my moms on my motorcycle.... As soon as I shut off my bike... Bink, bink, bink, bink, bink.... It was out for BLOOD! :shock: Friggin dragonflies...

ANYWAYS!

I actually like the new Corollas better than I like the Camery's.... Plus, I prefer 4 CYL over 6 CYL because of gas mileage.... Quite frankly, I didn't feel that big of a power difference in them, either. Honestly though, I prefer my Scion over both of them... :P

Scion use Toyota motor. Did you know that?

Try 1979 Toyota Corolla. It give s really excellent gas mileage. It have 13.3 gallon tank. I paid $6 to fill up the tank which was back in 1987 ( 79 cents a gallon). I drove the car from Olathe KS to Cincinnati, Ohio on one tank then from Cincinnati to Rochester, NY. I filled up gas twice one way and paid $12 total. Doesn't it sound impossible? I did record the trip meter and it's 625 miles on one tank.

It had 1.8 liter 4 cylinder carburetor engine (piston had half ball dome on top of it) and 5 speed transmission.

Downside, this car doesn't steer well and it had chronic starter motor problems. You have to push the car then pop the clutch to start.
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/...MLh83lyU3GNVoZKP_AvAksDTXwB1BMFFxmXAJ4ipJPUOs

CAtty

Refer to domed pistons. I recalled the cylinder head bolted on the old Toyota block, looks like Hemi head.

My daughter has a fairly new Toyota Corolla. Very basic, does not even have electric windows. She is not taking very good care of it. It was brand new when we bought it.

I had a 1970 something Toyota Corolla, it maxed out at 55mph. It was totaled when a big rig hit me.

Back