big ?!!!!!!!!! on making a deaf baby?

Looks like z.a.m. started a row then took off. .

sounds like he has very little interested in getting to know the deaf and more into getting the job done. What is he doing in ASL class in the first place?

And is this one of those High School Class? And is this one of those assignment to see what happen if they push our button or do they really don't understand? (seem like all Poston's posters are making comments more than they are asking questions)

sounds like he has very little interested in getting to know the deaf and more into getting the job done. What is he doing in ASL class in the first place?

And is this one of those High School Class? And is this one of those assignment to see what happen if they push our button or do they really don't understand? (seem like all Poston's posters are making comments more than they are asking questions)

I don't know but I have the same questions as you. Based on their grammar and spelling I assume these are high school students (who are hopefully working hard in their English classes). Also I believe some extra instruction on manners and etiquette would have been more appropriate before unleashing the students on this forum.

I'm reminded of attending a deaf event where some ASL 1 students were required to attend. These students obviously had learned not only very little sign, but very little about Deaf culture. I was chatting with a friend when a student came up and gave him a note asking him if he could sign the words to some songs I can't remember. My friend was very polite about explaining (using me as an interpreter) that he's deaf and therefore doesn't know song lyrics, but I was wondering what the hell this student was thinking.

I'm all for encouraging ASL students to socialize with deaf people. Our ITP class was also required to go to deaf events, but not until we'd had a year of the language, including an entire class on Deaf culture. Students should be instructed in the culture and etiquette of whatever situation they're going into, be it online or in person -- not to mention basic manners.

Sorry, don't know how this soapbox got here.

Back