Big, Average, or Small?

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters

Hwy99

Reaction score
I just wonder which you prefer BIG, Average, or Small space?

I prefer the small space because so easy to take care and keep everything organized, also very easy to decorate and making it look cute and cozy.

Even though I have another two average size bedrooms and one of them with full bathroom, I dislike them. I was used to stay in the bedroom with full bathroom, but always messy and empty because it was too big for me and too much works, also I don't really have so many stuff to decorate that room so I moved to that one tiny bedroom, only 4 ft x 8 ft space and are happy with that room, that room almost never get mess or having any high traffic of people, also most of my stuff in that room are very organized. Many people told me that I should move back to that bedroom with full bathroom, even though they like my small bedroom, but I refuse to listen to them. Funny is that I don't like big bed neither, I feel more comfortable in the small bed because it make me feel like my body are under control and no other space to fight to have good sleep on.

Anyway, here's what my bedroom look like.

i prefer a small space because they are easier for me to navigate as a totally blind person and are easier to clean. i used to live in a duplex years ago that had a very large kitchen and i hated it because i often had to walk from one end of the kitchen to the other just to retrieve something. it was also a pain to clean. i now live in a nice one bedroom apartment and it works out quite well for me. i have all of the room i need without feeling overwhelmed by having too much furniture and too much space.

i prefer a small space because they are easier for me to navigate as a totally blind person and are easier to clean. i used to live in a duplex years ago that had a very large kitchen and i hated it because i often had to walk from one end of the kitchen to the other just to retrieve something. it was also a pain to clean. i now live in a nice one bedroom apartment and it works out quite well for me. i have all of the room i need without feeling overwhelmed by having too much furniture and too much space.

Ohh I can understand that, I remember I watched a movie showing how the blind people live on their own inside the house, they have to feel the stove to see if it's hot yet, and they have to be very organize or they will get lost. It's very interesting.

I prefer either average/big space. I live in a one bedroom apartment, good size for me to have plenty of space for my furniture and stuff. And I rather queen size bed for myself. that's about it.

Last edited:
When I was 19-21 and lived in Condo with my parents my room was the coolest dope room I've ever had in my life. I'd give anything to have my room and my bathroom there to boot. The bedroom I had was downstairs, nextdoor to laundry which made doing that easy and convienient. My room had my computer desk, a study dest, recliner chair, my queen size bed, guest queen size bed and 2 dressers. Bathroom attach ruled and is still my favorite shower room I ever had. LOT OF AWESOME MEMORIES FROM THAT ROOM.

if i can afford a maid then id like to have a huge ones. *shrugs* haha for real, just average will do.

I think I like small space because it makes me feel more secure, and I don't really need much space to live in. I live in an average sized bedroom, I wanted to move to the smallest room of the whole house, but my bed won't even fit in there! :lol: so I'm just staying where I am.

One bedroom is big for me and my hubby is...

Six Door Wardrobe
Six drawer chest
Dressing table with chair
2 bedside for use lamp to read and alarm clock to wake us up...
1 Couch
one old antique door wardrobe for all family's bed spreads, covers, Ironing table, iron, etc... use for iron the clothes... before put things away to our and 2 boys bedrooms...

One 80 years old baby cot - I use them as babies doll collection decoration... after use them when my MIL was baby, then my hubby and his brother were baby, then my both boys... I don't like to put cot away to attic for my boys' future children... so I use cot in my bedroom as babies doll collection decoration until one of my sons have baby, then gave cot to him...

I like large rooms and open spaces.

My room has a king size bed, two dressers. Two intables. A chair in one corner. Exercise machine in the other. TV stand and TV. Still have plenty of room and open space. Bathroom with double doors and the bathroom is large as well with a garden tub. Shower. Double sinks. Walk in closet.

It is big. But still looks classy and roomy.

i like spacious bedrooms. just incase i decide to do something random. or have friends over.

yeah I agree with that though, thats what I like about my room, there is enough room for people to come and sit, I have a huge bed and chairs.

I also have children so large rooms throughout the house makes it feel a little less crowded. Especially when friends are over.

My both boys have their own average bedrooms, too.

thats good that they have their own rooms.
for the longest time I had to share a room with my sister, I hated it.
she was really neat and clean, and I was messy.
we clashed all the time until we finally got a bigger house.:lol:

Our house is only like 1,100 Sq feet and I felt a bit cramped...gotta to clean stuff out, and probably we'll feel better. :) One at a time.

My office is not too bad but too much stuff...need find a dresser that I can store my things in. Two desks in my office, one for me and one for my son. Yes we share the office, how nice I am! :lol:

Funny thing...my son wanted his old room back which that is smallest room in the house! Okay...I can't complain..he loves it! What a kid! So we switched the rooms few months ago.

Our bedroom isn't too bad. Our room fit our Queen sized bed (no headboard/footboard, but will add one later) but our son's headboard is behind our bed as temporary, 2 dressers and night stand. That's pretty enough. I am not sure the size of room though.

We have one extra space...a poker room. :) It is also exercise room too since the treadmill is there. :)

We have nice size living room, 2 bathrooms, 2 offices (one downstairs and one upstairs), laundry/storage room and garage and HUGE backyard...I am not crazy about big back yard but best for kids and dogs to runs around. :) I like low maintenance and easy take care of it!

Kitchen is perfect size but I don't like the layout. Oh well! One day I'll hire designer and design better layout. For now it works, and usable. Our kitchen have eat in. However we do not have a dining room, I never wanted one. Waste space.

i like spacious bedrooms. just incase i decide to do something random. or have friends over.

i have to admit that this is one thing i really love about my bedroom. i live in a pretty decently sized one bedroom apartment, but have plenty of room in my bedroom to walk around and have a king sized bed. it's nice -- especially when i have friends and family over to visit.

when i was growing up, i had a very spacious bedroom which contained two dressers, my stereo, a very large collection of lps and cassettes, tv/vcr, tv stand, phone, atari video game system, commodore 64 computer/computer desk, nightstand, canopy bed and boombox/ghettoblaster (i'm talking about the large ghettoblasters from the early 80s). there was always plenty of space for me to move around in and my friends LOVED my bedroom because it was so huge.

Ohh I can understand that, I remember I watched a movie showing how the blind people live on their own inside the house, they have to feel the stove to see if it's hot yet, and they have to be very organize or they will get lost. It's very interesting.

well, i never get lost inside of my apartment (most blind people don't unless they are newly blinded) because it isn't a huge space.

even if it were, i could still figure out where i am by using landmarks such as furniture.

speaking of furniture, i always make sure that it's kept alongside the wall so that i don't trip over it. even my coffee table is pushed up against the sofa to avoid accidentally hitting my shin on the corner of it as i walk by.

off-topic...

as for the stove, i have braille markings to identify stove/oven controls. i NEVER place my hands on the stove to know when it's hot.

instead, if i'm boiling water for instance, i place my hand (palm down) high enough above the pan to feel the steam rise. this tells me that the stove is working properly.

Back