Beware: Blatant curiosity

Ribs

Reaction score
Do you guys ever get songs stuck in you head? and if so, how do you get them unstuck since you can't just listen to another song?

Do you think in asl or english?

My friend wants also wants to know, can you hear your own thoughts?

This was discussed in a prior post....and yes, I have "musical tennitus"...songs 24/7 run thru my head....You can goggle it also, it's more common than we know!

There is a long existing thread somewhere around these parts that discusses the OP's questions at length.:hmm:

Meh. I'm too lazy to dig it up.:zzz:

I told my interpreter once that when a song comes into my head it "sticks" for a while. Sometimes the nurses I work with calm the children by singing nursery rhymes or children's songs. My terp started signing the "Bingo" song, and it was there for days! Sometimes it fades itself, but other times I need a new song to drive the old one out.

I told my interpreter once that when a song comes into my head it "sticks" for a while. Sometimes the nurses I work with calm the children by singing nursery rhymes or children's songs. My terp started signing the "Bingo" song, and it was there for days! Sometimes it fades itself, but other times I need a new song to drive the old one out.

:lol: I am a preschool teacher! I often get children songs, stuck in my head.

:shock:

I will get a song stuck in my head for a month sometimes. I will just blurt out lines while I'm working.

I also work with kids and find myself walking around singing the Dora song.

I have musical tinnitus like crazy sometimes. I think it's my own fault - there are some songs I love so much, I listen to them TOO much. And then the musical tinnitus starts in. My solution? I listen to something else! And at a louder volume (to drown out the musical tinnitus) and for a while - and of a completely different genre at that. If I was listening to classical, I then listen to rock, etc. The change of ear-scenery makes all the difference for me.

"Lady of Spain" has been playing in my head for several days! I've been deaf since 1962! And...:)giggle:) at times I want to "blurt" out the song and "sing along" with it! Gets annoying at times!

This AM, when my boys were getting ready for school, I tried to change it...singing the "Barney" song...well, the've gone on to school...and "Lady of Spain" remains in my head!

Anybody for a "Sing Along"???

I can only imagine the torture. So do people deaf from birth get songs stuck in there heads too?

I use a CI, and for some unusual reason, if I did not get enough sleep, I literally start to hear a piano play after waking up! It's not something that stays in my head - unless it's a catchy tune no matter how bad it is. The last time I had this experience was when Vonage would play that electronic whistle sound. @!%#&*$# I so wanted to tackle the tv! :mad: LOL

Do deaf people's ears feel funny at high elevations like hearing people's?

yes I do. My son cries alot on high elevations... We usually go over the mountains to visit my dad and that's when he cries. I feel funny as well

Back