Bev's Lump Crab Cakes

restless_heart

Reaction score
:wave: guys. I was telling Oceanblue that I had crab cakes earlier and it tastes so good. She would like this recipe.

Two summers ago, I tried this crab cakes from one of Patricia Cornwell's cookbook. It was excellent and so healthy to eat too. I make them often and my bro fell in love with it and always asks me to make it for him when he is in the mood for crab cakes. I make them all the time in the summer and anytime too. I do double the batch. I do save some to freeze in case if I want some after work to snack on. Try this and enjoy! It is great for anyone who loves seafood like me :D

Bev's Lump Crab Cakes
(makes 2-3 main dish servings or a 4 appetizer servings)

3 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sause
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1 pound lump crabmeat or 4 cans (6 oz each) lump crabmeat, drained and picked over
1 1/2 cups crushed saltine crackers (about 16 crackers)
1 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/2 chopped Vidalia or yellow onion
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
lemon or lime wedges for serving

1. In large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, and dry mustard. Stir in the crabmeat, crackers, green pepper, onion, parsley, salt, and pepper and toss well to combine. Cover and chill for 30 minutes to allow the crab mixture to absorb the eggs and the milk so the patties hold together.

2. With your hands, shape the crab mixture into nine round cakes, about 3 inches wide and 1/2 inch thick.

3. In a large skiller, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the crab cakes and cook for about 5 minutes per side, or until golden brown, turning the cakes carefully with wide spatula to preserve their shape.

4. Serve the crab cakes hot with lemon or lime wedges.

I love Crab Cakes I'm going to try it this way thanks restless heart :)

Back