Best wireless router for Sorenson VP-200?

As a former sorenson worker, I have a Netgear wireless router 3700N...i have no problem.

FIOS is very good as I have seen them.

Dlink routers are pretty good.
Linskys routers are good, but not comptabile with VP 200.
Belkin routers suck.

I am disagreed with you. SOME of linksys are 100% compatible with VP.

I am disagreed with you. SOME of linksys are 100% compatible with VP.

I agree with you. some works , some dont. depend on firmware revision, hardware revision with whatever F/W rev is using. Also some have upgraded the linksys f/w to a 3rd party DRT firmware that is more compatible with VP. There are TOOOOO many variables with linksys so manay tech support are lazy so its easier to say- NOT compatible. :roll:

Tech Support agents are not lazy, they just wont install third-party firmware on a router. That's too great of a liability.

:ty:
Thanks darkage, I had called Tech Support and asked them this. All they wanted was the model number of the router to be sure if it work with VP-200. I gave the model number of Cisco-Valet Plus Wireless Router (the silver one) and they said it will work with VP-200... also it the Cisco-Valet Wireless Router (blue one) will work as well.

:ty:

Tech Support agents are not lazy, they just wont install third-party firmware on a router. That's too great of a liability.

not what I meant. I meant is they havent taken the time to document every software and hardware linksys routers and make note of exactly which ones work and which ones doesnt. This way, if another deaf person has a same brand and has same hardware revision but different software revision, it can be recommended to have the F/w flashed to newer or older rev. Dlink has this on thier website to allow customers to keep features or not have it depending on thier needs and wants.

Clarification, I dealt with plenty numbers of router, gateway modems, etc on daily basis.

The firmware and hardware version has been changing, up dates, etc as we all know.

I have nothing against specific gateway modems and routers. Sometimes they don't work with videostreaming, or support specific protocol. It is how it is written or build on these devices. I have seen two routers with identical firmware and hardware version and one works while other don't work.

I can tell you this, I have seen great improvements with videostreaming compatible router/gateway modems. So in near future, more of these brands will work just fine with VP.

At this point no one knows if specific router will WORK with VP until they tested it.

Gateway modem means that the modem has built in routing feature and sometimes wireless included.

I am sticking Dlink for now.

Regards,
DHB

not what I meant. I meant is they havent taken the time to document every software and hardware linksys routers and make note of exactly which ones work and which ones doesnt. This way, if another deaf person has a same brand and has same hardware revision but different software revision, it can be recommended to have the F/w flashed to newer or older rev. Dlink has this on thier website to allow customers to keep features or not have it depending on thier needs and wants.

I stand corrected. You're right about this. Most VRS companies don't track this information., Although, a couple are good at this.

Update: Thank you guys for your help. Here is what I learned... the SVR tech guy did not explained this to me clear long ago. At first they said it will work with Cisco Valet Plus. I went and bought it few months ago and it turn out the VP does not have a built in wifi. I called another tech guy and he explained to me that I must had misunderstood the conversation with the original tech guy. I have to use a wired enternet cable for VP. I had drilled holes through the walls for the wire get to VP. I plugged in Cisco Valet Plus to SVR-200 router. Works great for all my wifi devices around the house.

Update: Thank you guys for your help. Here is what I learned... the SVR tech guy did not explained this to me clear long ago. At first they said it will work with Cisco Valet Plus. I went and bought it few months ago and it turn out the VP does not have a built in wifi. I called another tech guy and he explained to me that I must had misunderstood the conversation with the original tech guy. I have to use a wired enternet cable for VP. I had drilled holes through the walls for the wire get to VP. I plugged in Cisco Valet Plus to SVR-200 router. Works great for all my wifi devices around the house.

you may need XAVB101

no drill holes house like swiss cheese

Back