Best processors this year is..

diehardbiker65 said:
Nope, the opposite! AMD has been more advanced than Intel, believe it or not, AMD Athlon 64 which uses 64 bits since 2 years ago! While Intel finally roll down 64 bits last spring in mainstream. Whats more, most Intel based PC bus speed still around 800mhz while AMD already hoover around 1600mhz and some cases already exceeding 2000GHZ! AMD cheaper than Intel? Nope! AMD cost little more than Intel!

I don't like Intel Pentium III and later! Pentium II and earlier is much better.

Core 2 Duo (AKA Conroe) is intended to retire all Pentium so it is the end of Pentinum! no more Pentium! (source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Core_2 )

I have AMD 64 3500 processor in ABIT AV8 board, it's a Venice core. They run as good as Intel. Many gamers prefer AMD than Intel. Right now AMD married ATI. They are partnering for better gaming hardware. My laptop is AMD Turion 64 and it have ATI Radeon x200 chipset and graphic chipset.

Intel lags behind because they laid off too many people and cut back. Assuming AMD is going slow. Suddenly AMD jumped to newer 64 bit processor and Intel freaked out and played catch up. I don't REALLY like Intel Celeron! They sux and cheap. They don't run good as AMD processors. Had a quirky bugs with Celeron system. Intel P IV is good tho. Finally Intel caught up to 64bit bandwagon but wimpering for their loss.

I'm building a computer one of my classes.

While I never had Core 2 Duo (one processor that functions as 2 logical processors, like the P4 with HT), I've heard that it's faster than physical dual-core processors because of their multi-tasking capabilities.

Ya ever tried that, Neo? Lemme know.

Well for AMD Athlon64 3800+ 65w Dual-Core, it's cheaper than Intel's Core 2 Duo for $109 at Newegg.com.

Nope, the opposite! AMD has been more advanced than Intel, believe it or not, AMD Athlon 64 which uses 64 bits since 2 years ago! While Intel finally roll down 64 bits last spring in mainstream. Whats more, most Intel based PC bus speed still around 800mhz while AMD already hoover around 1600mhz and some cases already exceeding 2000GHZ! AMD cheaper than Intel? Nope! AMD cost little more than Intel!

I don't like Intel Pentium III and later! Pentium II and earlier is much better.

Speaking of my experience, AMD is cheaper than Intel, just check HP website about Intel is cost more than AMD does.

AMD has had some price drops, but Intel wins in the long run. Power efficency, multitasking capabilities, and low heat output. The next thing that is dropping into my PC is an Conroe E6600. (Currently using Pentium D 2.66)

Oh, that brings up a tip. Don't waste money on the E6800's.
You want the conroe that has 4 caches, so get the 6600 and just overclock it. You could probably overclock them all the way to 3.5ghz or so without having your system start acting retarded.

I have a pentium D 2.66 and happy with it. I think the next step will be quad core processors of Intel :cool:

Bearlake will be announced tomorrow. :bowdown: It'll support the new intel processors using 1333 mhz fsb.

For me AMD all the way!!!! Intel has a more powerfull chip on the market but AMD runs cooler, consumes less power and is cheaper. It's perfect for me as a gamer and high power user.

Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 Conroe 1.86GHz 2M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail

The system run in 485Mhz FSB stability!
cpuz6300485speedstepxo5.gif

Back