Best Portable TTY?

pcryan

Reaction score
Greetings

I am looking for your thoughts on the best portable TTY device to go with my iPhone. Local store sells the "Compact C Portable Cellular Adaptable TTY" and the "Ameriphone Q-90 TTY Cellular compatible".

Also - has anyone used a portable TTY device with a Blackberry/iPhone and voice carry over?

Any suggestions welcomed! thanks!

~Peter
Vancouver BC

So far the best...

off025.jpg

:lol:

pcryan - what have you thought about so far? i have also been considering this.. also debating if i should get BOTH a cellphone tty and a home one. Anyway, i think that if i get a cellphone tty i will be getting Ultratec Compact/C TTY because it seems smaller.
What are your thoughts??
also, maybe you said it somewhere else, but where are you from? A bit of history?
*EQL*

Portable TTY...

with I711.com and any aim enabled mobile device ie.. ipod/iphone
this will work to make & recieve TTY calls
you will also get your own TTY #
hope it helps

pcryan - what have you thought about so far? i have also been considering this.. also debating if i should get BOTH a cellphone tty and a home one. Anyway, i think that if i get a cellphone tty i will be getting Ultratec Compact/C TTY because it seems smaller.
What are your thoughts??
also, maybe you said it somewhere else, but where are you from? A bit of history?
*EQL*

I have a Compact C Portable Cellular Adaptable TTY. It's okay - I find the screen a bit hard to read but it works. I am going to test drive the other model next week. I'm pretty much in spend what I need to spend mode when it comes to "technology" (TTY? LOL) so I may ditch the Compact C Portable Cellular Adaptable TTY for another unit. Will report back.

I have a Compact C Portable Cellular Adaptable TTY. It's okay - I find the screen a bit hard to read but it works. I am going to test drive the other model next week. I'm pretty much in spend what I need to spend mode when it comes to "technology" (TTY? LOL) so I may ditch the Compact C Portable Cellular Adaptable TTY for another unit. Will report back.

sweet. keep me updated!
*EQL*

Greetings

I am looking for your thoughts on the best portable TTY device to go with my iPhone. Local store sells the "Compact C Portable Cellular Adaptable TTY" and the "Ameriphone Q-90 TTY Cellular compatible".

Also - has anyone used a portable TTY device with a Blackberry/iPhone and voice carry over?

Any suggestions welcomed! thanks!

~Peter
Vancouver BC

I do have a very good portable TTY device.

I use my laptop.

Why use a TTY? Plenty of mobile apps out there...

Sorry to be a bore - can you point us to some that work in Canada? How do they access your telcos relay operator? Pointing us to a link would be very appreciated.

P

Last edited:
Sorry to be a bore - can you point us to some that work in Canada? How do they access your telcos relay operator? Pointing us to a link would be very appreciated.

P

oh shit. dont be sorry, i didn't notice you were from canada......

hmm...

I am not a genius on canadian stuff, so.. cant help ya there.

Sorry bro

oh shit. dont be sorry, i didn't notice you were from canada......

hmm...

I am not a genius on canadian stuff, so.. cant help ya there.

Sorry bro

He gave his location in the original topic... "Vancouver BC."

As far as text relay go that Posts From Hell was talking about... it's IP relay, we won't have them until the end of next year.

:)

No worries - answers in forums help all users - even if not the OP. :)

Cheers

~P

Back