Best Places?

Ejet

Reaction score
I saw the [no advertising] and don't want to get anyone in trouble; so mods I understand if you need to delete and I'm sorry not sure how that works... :Ohno:

I need to purchase flashing lights for our door, phone, and smoke detector... Am I forgetting anything?:dunno2:

Is there a good online store with good prices? I need to save all the money I can, but still want quality. :D

Also, are they hard to install?:hmm: Are there ones easier to install than others?

Thanks guys!

Harris Communications has a large selection. you can find it there, then search places like amazon or ebay to see if you can find a better price.

As far as installation, it depends on several factors.

There are two types. the kind that plug in to a wall outlet, and the kind that get wired in by an electrician.
If you go for the wired in kind, you may have to hire an electrician even if you're qualified to do it yourself. (depends on your local codes and laws)
If you go for the plug-in kind you may have to have an electrician install a wall outlet in your wall (depends on how your home is wired, your landlord, and other factors I might be forgetting)

good luck.

I saw the [no advertising] and don't want to get anyone in trouble; so mods I understand if you need to delete and I'm sorry not sure how that works... :Ohno:

I need to purchase flashing lights for our door, phone, and smoke detector... Am I forgetting anything?:dunno2:

Is there a good online store with good prices? I need to save all the money I can, but still want quality. :D

Also, are they hard to install?:hmm: Are there ones easier to install than others?

Thanks guys!
I bought receivers/transmitters (including wireless doorbell signaler) from Harris Communication and powerful strobe lights from Radio Shack a long time ago. A few months ago an electrican installed three wired smoke detectors with built-in strobe light that my landlord bought from Home Depot. The landlord paid $1000 for the installation.

As far as installation, it depends on several factors.

There are two types. the kind that plug in to a wall outlet, and the kind that get wired in by an electrician.
If you go for the wired in kind, you may have to hire an electrician even if you're qualified to do it yourself. (depends on your local codes and laws)
If you go for the plug-in kind you may have to have an electrician install a wall outlet in your wall (depends on how your home is wired, your landlord, and other factors I might be forgetting)

good luck.

I rather use the wired devices so that I wouldn't have to think about the wireless all around me. The wireless is just like a bit amount of radioactive in the house. If you have a EMF device to compare how much EMF on each device like a wireless device and a wired device, you would surprised how powerful on Alertmaster AM-6000's EMF. Yikes. I stopped using my Alertmaster and moved it away from my bed.

Back