Best headphones for mp3/ipod players?

ladysolitary85

Reaction score
Alright guys so what is the best headphones to use? I really want to get something but without my aid I'm almost completely deaf so what do you guys recommend?

see thats great except I have a Starkey RIC IQ series and its not bluetooth nor has a FM use :(

I am assuming you will be wearing these in public because you say ipods. But I will share both public and private use. Keep in mind, I am recommending headphones that are in a realistic affordable range.

For headphones (public use):
HT-21 Headphone

For In the ear phones:
Denon 551
or RE2s

For private use, I highly recommend HA rx 700!

Message to bbaseballboy123 about HT-21 Headphone

Hello bbaseballboy123,
I do have a quick question for you. Does the HT-21 headphone fit over the hearing aids?
Thanks,
paula80budd

Avoid Skullcandy - I've had too many problems with their product.

I bought Grado SR60i the other day (that with L-Cushion headphones came up to $110), but I have used them with and without my hearing aids (and I use Widex over the ear) I don't get whistling when I use them nor are they uncomfortable. However, they somewhat do press against it and can create a discomfort but it isn't severely bad.
However with these headphones sound does leak - so it could annoy other people lol. The other nice thing about them is that they're open so you not only hear your music but you can hear other people talking to you (depending on how loud you have your music in the first place).

Alright guys so what is the best headphones to use? I really want to get something but without my aid I'm almost completely deaf so what do you guys recommend?

This is where I bought my loop system from and they do have a large variety of assisted devices for people using hearing aides. You will also find articles to help you with your choices. The owner is very flexible and helpful should you want to talk to him about his products.

I wear the gemarc amplified neckloop for the computer and Ipod, and also at the gym to listen to TV shows while exercising.

Bluetooth, T-coil, FM Wireless, Personal Hearing Assistance Products: TecEar.com

Also, Amazon sells the neckloops: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=neckloop"]http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=neckloop[/ame]

Many years ago, I looked for a solution that allowed me to use whatever mobile devices I had for quality music. I settled on a pair of isolation type in the ear headphones and a small headphone amplifier that is powered by a 9v battery. It has served me well if not too well as I think I've probably lost a bit of hearing due to loud music :p

Back