Best collage for study phd in computer engineering

Arezoo

Reaction score
Hi ,
I am Arezoo a semideaf girl from Iran. I got BSc and MSc degrees in computer engineering from Iran. I have two hearing aids. I don't know sign lauguage becasuse I can speak in Persian lauguage. I can write and read English texts bacuse I have a big problem with listening and speaking in English lauguage. I want to study phd in USA or Eroupe and learn to speak and listen English without sign lauguage. Which device or solution can help me???
Which colloge can support me?

Thank you very much.

Point of clarity: You don't know sign language? U mean you don't know ASL?

Yes I don't know ASL

Arezoo, several years ago, I met you and your husband in Riverside for a function and I thought you signed in ASL fairly well. You know Caro plus I have seen you blog to the Holism many times. Do I have the wrong person? Your hubby used to blog, too and he does ASL pretty well, also.......

Arezoo, several years ago, I met you and your husband in Riverside for a function and I thought you signed in ASL fairly well. You know Caro plus I have seen you blog to the Holism many times. Do I have the wrong person? Your hubby used to blog, too and he does ASL pretty well, also.......

I have no husband. My last name is Rajaei.

What and where is Cart?

the college's disability office will arrange that for you. you just let them know exactly what service you want.

C.A.R.T. is Communication Access Real Time. A stenographer will sit with you in the class and type out whatever she/he hears in the classroom. You will read the captions in laptop. I had one in high school and college. If the college is not able to find one or cannot afford one... they'll may either get a remote CART (a stenographer is off-site but will listen in via microphone over internet) or C-Print. C-Print is similar to CART but they do not use special typing equipment that stenographer uses. They use regular laptop with special program. CART captures probably over 95% of the conversation while C-Print captures maybe around 80-90%.

in this video - you will see both CART and C-PRINT (the one with a young Asian female student).

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn4B0gyDosA[/ame]

the college's disability office will arrange that for you. you just let them know exactly what service you want.

C.A.R.T. is Communication Access Real Time. A stenographer will sit with you in the class and type out whatever she/he hears in the classroom. You will read the captions in laptop. I had one in high school and college. If the college is not able to find one or cannot afford one... they'll may either get a remote CART (a stenographer is off-site but will listen in via microphone over internet) or C-Print. C-Print is similar to CART but they do not use special typing equipment that stenographer uses. They use regular laptop with special program. CART captures probably over 95% of the conversation while C-Print captures maybe around 80-90%.

in this video - you will see both CART and C-PRINT (the one with a young Asian female student).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn4B0gyDosA

Thank you very much

Can I ask a question from you? Are you an Iranian person??
Thanks

No, I am not. I am an American of French ancestry for the most part. Born and raised in Minnesota on a small farm but have now lived over half of my life in southern California.

No, I am not. I am an American of French ancestry for the most part. Born and raised in Minnesota on a small farm but have now lived over half of my life in southern California.

Sorry. Because many names are same with your name in Iran, I thought you are iranian. I am very glad to chat with you and other members.I get many information when membering in the forum. Thanks for every thing

The Universities in America will not recognize your BSc and MSc degrees in computer engineering from Iran. My friends from Europe with master degrees tried to enter PhD program in USA, and was told to do START OVER because the universities do not recognize the credentials from other universities in Europe. Sad, but true story.

Maybe you better find a job in Iran.

The Universities in America will not recognize your BSc and MSc degrees in computer engineering from Iran. My friends from Europe with master degrees tried to enter PhD program in USA, and was told to do START OVER because the universities do not recognize the credentials from other universities in Europe. Sad, but true story.

Why?for only deaf students???

I have valid credentials like other nondeaf students from Iran universities. I studied very hard and without facilities in these universities.

Back