Best Beach for the Prettiest People

GalaxyAngel

Reaction score

Besides the sun, sand, and surf, what do you want most from your beach vacation? A little romance? A view of the prettiest people? A nature lover's hideaway? The adventure of a lifetime? Travelocity has assembled a unique list of the top 10 U.S. beaches based on what they have to offer vacationers besides a sunburn. Vacationing at a beach is the No. 1 way people want to spend their summer leisure time, even more than going on a cruise or traveling through Europe, according to Travelocity editor-at-large Amy Ziff.

Click to find out the best airfares from your home city to any destination you select.

Travelocity's top 10 best beaches and why they're so great:
1. Action: Laguna Madre in South Padre, Texas
The play-hard culture dominates at Laguna Madre on the bay side of South Padre Island where you can go sailing, parasailing, power boating, windsurfing, kite surfing, and more.
2. Scenery: Carmel Beach at Carmel-by-the-Sea, California
The rush of the tide, the foamy white bubbles at your feet, the enormity of the rocks, and the distinct cypress trees invigorate the mind and soul. Be forewarned that while this is not really a swimmer's beach, it is one of the most dramatic coastlines in the world.
3. Adventure: Black's Beach in San Diego, California
It's a two-mile adventure-land beach where surfers unite and gliders take off. While the dramatic cliffs are prone to slides without warning and the beach itself remains difficult to access for many, this beach can't keep the thrill-seekers away.
4. Inspiration: Montauk Lighthouse State Park Beach in Montauk, New York
Artists and writers are known to seek refuge here, as the quiet beach stretches on seemingly endlessly and offers chilly, and often rough, blue-gray waters typically found along the Eastern Seaboard. The jewel on this rocky point is the lighthouse.
5. Families: Destin Beach in Destin, Florida
Along what's known as the Emerald Coast of Florida, with miles of sugary white sand, is Destin Beach. Families come to enjoy this charming resort town with all of the amenities imaginable. Visitors can find great food, shopping, and plenty of seaside activities year round, such as sailing, picnicking, and water sports.

Ooh la la! Check out live Webcams from some of the world's sexiest beaches. You might even spot a diva in the dune if you look very closely.*click me*

6. Charm: Fuller Street Beach in Edgartown, Massachusetts
Set in the center of this old whaling village, the beach offers contrasting serenity to the bustling town. Small fir trees and pink plum roses dot the way with salt, sea-mud, and evergreen scents that intoxicate visitors.
7. Romance: Captiva Beach on Captiva Island, Florida
Before catching some of the most spectacular sunsets around, visitors can bask in the sun or select a shady spot beneath the greenery consisting mostly of Australian pines, sea grapes, and palm trees.
8. Serenity: Hamoa Beach in Maui, Hawaii
This postcard perfect spot is a gem among Maui beaches, partially due to its remote location. The crescent-shaped beach is surrounded by 30-foot black lava rock cliffs, lush green grass, and towering palm trees. This quintessential Hawaiian beach hideaway will soothe and rejuvenate.
9. Nature Lovers: Cannon Beach in Cannon Beach, Oregon
This natural paradise hosts a flowing seasonal array of bird populations year-round, along with Gray Whale sightings as they migrate past the Oregon Coast. A walk along the beach is always a treat, with its vistas of ocean, mountains, and rugged coastal outcroppings.
10. Prettiest People: South Beach in Miami, Florida
A strong Latin influence inspires the food, music, and even the fashion. The flashy view is in synch with the Miami mood that pervades, where it's all about the people and the pulse.

Put this seashore screen saver on your monitor and you'll almost be able to feel the sand between your toes.

And also check it out: Screen Savers seashore *click me*

Hafta fun :thumb:

Bullym0m said:

10. Prettiest People: South Beach in Miami, Florida
A strong Latin influence inspires the food, music, and even the fashion. The flashy view is in synch with the Miami mood that pervades, where it's all about the people and the pulse.

yep. i agree with that ! i go to there annually. there are too beautiful people on beaches and streets and at nightclubs.

Sounds good. You are not alone in wishing for warmer climes.
The other day I splashed slush on a guy as I was driving by, and he yelled something about a sun and a beach.
Cool.

Last edited:
Interesting. Looks like I should visit some of these places! The only one of these that I have visited is South Beach. I don't go there for beautiful people though. I like the atmosphere. :)

Been to 1,2,3,5,7,8 and 10

Maui is awesome but I still like Carmel better. South Beach is great but totally different.....Padre is alot of fun.....Even though I am in TX it's still an 11 hr drive.

It's hard to find a bad beach though.....I love them all.

Been to 1,2,3,5,7,8 and 10

Maui is awesome but I still like Carmel better. South Beach is great but totally different.....Padre is alot of fun.....Even though I am in TX it's still an 11 hr drive.

It's hard to find a bad beach though.....I love them all.

I'm going to have to start following you around if you are going all the places. :)

my friend just went there and said he was in heaven with all the pretty girls walking around...south beach that is..lol

Man, I love South Padre Island, Texas; I haven't been to SPI since 2003. Boo-hoo...:(

Meh, that is with any beach.

Oh! Don't forget to learn the stingray shuffle. :)

Not at the beach at Wet n Wild!:lol:

Rays are cute.....Saw them at the Trop......I was there to watch my beloved Red Sox 2 years ago. Quite surprised to see the stadium almost filled with Sox fans

Not at the beach at Wet n Wild!:lol:

Rays are cute.....Saw them at the Trop......I was there to watch my beloved Red Sox 2 years ago. Quite surprised to see the stadium almost filled with Sox fans

:lol:

Wirelessly posted

Id prefer natural beaches with quiet and calm, kinda deserted with nice seabreezes whipping by. :)

Back