Benham brothers lose HGTV show after 'anti-gay' remarks

Didn't a certain network try to do the same thing to Duck Dynasty?

I am sure HGTV probably isn't prepared for the consequences of cancelling this program. A mass boycott is being planned.

Are people free to not support totalitarian tactics as displayed by this network?

I don't care about HGTV.

Big difference - Duck Dynasty is very popular but Benham Brothers are not.

Didn't a certain network try to do the same thing to Duck Dynasty?

I am sure HGTV probably isn't prepared for the consequences of cancelling this program. A mass boycott is being planned.

Are people free to not support totalitarian tactics as displayed by this network?
One difference is that Dynasty was already established with a loyal fan base. The Benham brothers are TV "unknowns."

I don't care about HGTV.

Big difference - Duck Dynasty is very popular but Benham Brothers are not.

Maybe not so much the Brothers themselves, but HGTV has a huge following.

About the program: "...brothers David Benham and Jason Benham now help families buy the homes they never thought they could afford. In each episode, the guys help a deserving family find a fixer-upper and transform it into their forever home…."

That sounded positive to me.

As far as their personal lives, is it stupid to exercise one's First Amendment rights?

If it does involve with public relation (or publicity) so I think it will be bad idea in some cases.

I keep all political and religious topics out of sight at work and I know it is very sensitive topics.

Are all HGTV programs under these same restrictions on speech?

Funny, Scripps Networks Interactive, the owner of HGTV is located in conservative area (Knoxville, TN).

I'm sure that any shows may taken down or cancelled if there is anti-gun rights in TV shows.

One difference is that Dynasty was already established with a loyal fan base. The Benham brothers are TV "unknowns."

Yes, I was upset about A&E suspended Phil Robertson that caused TV shows into hiccup until A&E changed their mind to let Phil Robertson to involved. I watched Duck Dynasty since 2011 or 2012.

Benham Brothers? I have no idea. :aw:

Back