Benefits

chirowife03

Reaction score
Is anyone receiving any benefits from VA for hearing loss?

Is anyone receiving any benefits from SSI or SSD due to hearing loss?

Penni

State Rehab Services paying my tuition and hearing aids.

Same with us!! they are paying for books, they bought Brian a stethescope that cost five grand!! Holy cow! I just wanna know what they will do when he is done, to help with practice set up.

What are you in school for Pete??

Penni

I'm curious too

I heard somewhere that I should apply for SSI because our 9 month son is Deaf. Is this true? What is SSI and could we be eligible?

Isaacsmom said:
I heard somewhere that I should apply for SSI because our 9 month son is Deaf. Is this true? What is SSI and could we be eligible?

true, apply ur local SSA, and depends on ur income, also if he is eligible for SSI he ll receive medical coupon covered his Hearing Aid

Its not looking good from what we have heard. Its super hard becuase they have to think he cannot work. Even though he is a child, I doubt he will get it. Seems its super hard to get it from what I heard for being deaf. SUCKs cause we have paid for years!!

P

Title XIX (19) (Medicaid) and Medicare might be other benefit for you.

Medicaid is always COMPLICATED and I am on it due to mobility disability, they don't pay enough for doctors to take care of me. They would not cover my hearing aides so that I would have to pay a lot for repairs, and I will be on Medicare very soon so that I can receive equal access to doctors.

I am not eligible for SSI and I don't understand why even though I am permanently disabled.

Back