Benefits of Netflix?

Just about everything is captioned on Netflix or will be. Bigger issue is sometimes the captions are wrong or with some tv episodes it is missing entirely.

Depending on where you are moving to, some apartment complexes include basic cable & internet in the rent at a cheaper rate.

NONE! Netflix used to rock, I went on it this weekend for the first time in a while and WHAT THE HECK DID THEY DO!?! They got rid of so much!!! Omg, I'm canceling.... Seriously, it seems their movie selection was cut in half! :mad:

NONE! Netflix used to rock, I went on it this weekend for the first time in a while and WHAT THE HECK DID THEY DO!?! They got rid of so much!!! Omg, I'm canceling.... Seriously, it seems their movie selection was cut in half! :mad:

So you canceling it because of just one movie? Rid of so much like what? We have no problem with Netflix.

So you canceling it because of just one movie? Rid of so much like what? We have no problem with Netflix.

No, not just one movie! :laugh2:

I haven't been on Netflix in a while. I just decided to hop on after a while of not being on and it seems like everything was cut in half! Like, the selection was cut in half! Most of the movie selections and everything went down to nearly nothing of what it used to be, that's all. I was completely at a loss. I used to have no issues finding anything to watch at all. This weekend I couldn't find anything to watch, I was really disappointed honestly... :doh:

yeah-- that annoys me.. a lot of what I'd like to see streaming is only available on DVDs. I don't have that particular plan. Used to be that they offered both for a flat rate but they split it up and hiked up the price a bit on both. :P

I cannot live without live-sport. From what I understand that ESPN offer live-stream game, it's only available on certain high-speed Internet which sucks. Otherwise, you can watch basic cable with antenna on your HDTV with built-in TV-tune. winnning!

I've cut the cord over 5 years ago and haven't looked back. Netflix/Hulu/Amazon Prime Instant plus an outdoor HDTV antennae is the best way to save a ton of money. I use a Chromecast and XBMC to pipe all the content to the TV in the living room and that covers just about everything online.

Netflix is limited to older stuff, newer stuff takes awhile to come out (in order of theaters, DVDs, Pay per view, cable and lastly everywhere else.) I haven't seen newer movies in years and they still haven't hit Netflix yet???

I have the feeling the the better they do at the box office the longer they take to get to DVD or the various online outlets like Netflix & Hulu.

If I ever move out again, may have to seriously reconsider cable (unless its already built into the rent)...barely watch tv anymore aside from shows that are not series or live shows...

We have cable but also have Netflix and others, since my wife works in the fields we get a steep discount, this is including cellphones as well...we pay next to nothing basically.

Amazon Prime has semi-new stuff added somewhat frequently. I'm a Prime user and I know they add new releases monthly but not no where near as often as other places.

Again though, as I mentioned above, you do have to pay for a vast majority of those new movies, which is understandable. Still you could rent or stream the movie via Redbox at half the price! Actually it's more like 3 times less than what Amazon charges. Basically, just look around for the best deal. Don't rely solely on Netflix and Prime.

I have a cousin who is a computer wiz.... he uses devices like Boxee and such for streaming movies from his computer? Im not up to date on the computer stuff???

I have a cousin who is a computer wiz.... he uses devices like Boxee and such for streaming movies from his computer? Im not up to date on the computer stuff???

I've heard of Boxee. I hear it's quite good, but I've never seen it, though. Although that reminds me, what about this Rabbit TV thing that I saw selling at Walgreens the other day?

Check out Roku and Amazon Fire TV

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Netflix is limited to older stuff, newer stuff takes awhile to come out (in order of theaters, DVDs, Pay per view, cable and lastly everywhere else.) I haven't seen newer movies in years and they still haven't hit Netflix yet???
If Netflix has latest releases, the rate will go much higher. Since it doesn't want to lose customers that way, it offers latest releases 1-5 months later. It's not worth for me.

Unfortunately, nothing compares to Netflix for foreign films which I love. If I only cared about American films and TV, I'd have my pick. Sadly there are no Hong Kong or Argentine movie rentals online...

Laura

I use Netflix for old shows that I want to watch from Season 1 Ep 1 to the last Ep of the Season.

It was also great to get me caught up on The Walking Dead.

As for new movies that comes out, I use redbox. Only rent what I want to see and then I'm good. There are times I go weeks without renting and it doesn't cost me a dime. I only get charge when I see a movie I want to see. Drives me nuts when I rent a movie from RedBox and a week later it appears on Netflix. That has happened with a few movies lately. LOL Oh well.

Back