Being hard of hearing

Riley23

Reaction score
Yesterday I went shopping and when I went to checkout the cashier asked me how long I have been deaf? I said since birth. She then told me she is deaf in one ear and sometimes it’s a struggle. I said yeah I agree and I am glad I am not the only one that feels that way. She also stated that I do really well with it because of how well I spoke. To me that is a lot from a stranger noticing similar conditions. The best part for me was when she said how well I spoke and that to me is a lot because I have never met this person and was complemented on how well I speak even with my hearing. I don’t talk about it much but it is moderate to moderate sever / pretty close to profound and I am blessed everyday I can hear the sounds that I can.

Yesterday I went shopping and when I went to checkout the cashier asked me how long I have been deaf? I said since birth. She then told me she is deaf in one ear and sometimes it’s a struggle. I said yeah I agree and I am glad I am not the only one that feels that way. She also stated that I do really well with it because of how well I spoke. To me that is a lot from a stranger noticing similar conditions. The best part for me was when she said how well I spoke and that to me is a lot because I have never met this person and was complemented on how well I speak even with my hearing. I don’t talk about it much but it is moderate to moderate sever / pretty close to profound and I am blessed everyday I can hear the sounds that I can.

How did the cashier figure you were deaf? That is a great story to share.

She noticed my hearing aids,

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

She also signed briefly to me its nice to meet others alike

I feel the same with the cashier too! (hopefully I'll get checked out soon and then I'll place an order for new hearing aids :D)

am new here i will like you to add me on messenger johnmartinsm2 at yahoo dot com or mail me,i need someone that can help me in translation

I don't have Yahoo account you can message me through this forum in messages

am new here i will like you to add me on messenger johnmartinsm2 at yahoo dot com or mail me,i need someone that can help me in translation

:hmm:....I've seen ur name before....you're new...but keep asking people to email you at yahoo.....

What sort of translation do you need?...I'm curious! :hmm:

Back