being deafblind..and interact ingredients. .

Vorsia

Reaction score
I was approved for a guide dog white cane travel is very hard..and scary now im nervous , that the teacher might not be as understanding of people that are deafblind..they told me they have students all the time with aids ..but im just like will I fall behind in class with a bunch off hearing people...all these mixed emotions. Being away for 26 days..away from my kids just all this got me like ...

Aww, I really hope that you are finding this class that is getting better and better for you. I can image how hard is it to get away from kids for 26 days. Hope it goes so fast as long as you are doing ok with the guide dog and the white cane. You are in my thoughts!!
Do your best to make it possible with your class and talk to your kids as much as you can.

Good Luck.

I was nervous going to get my hearing dog as I did not ASL and did not know if I would be able to communicate with other women , there 5 of all together. So I understand what you mean about being nervous . Could you let the trainer that need to stand close to her so you'll be able hear her better . And let the trainers know right away if you did understand what was being said. Do you know what kind of dog you're getting? It's always hard to be away from your kids , how often can you call them per day? Try to have a good time and get to know your new dog. I fell in love with Finlay right away.

Actually there's a member on here who is in the same situation you are in, just a few years prior. I won't list their name in case they didn't want it thrown out there, but they did great! The instructors are usually incredibly patient. :)

I will try and do everything you all said ..keep you all posted ..Im sure I can get the instructor to repeat themselves.

I will try and do everything you all said ..keep you all posted ..Im sure I can get the instructor to repeat themselves.

I am certain you can. They want you to succeed, and you won't be the first deaf/blind person they have had.

Also, you can't get approved if there isn't a very good chance you will succeed.

Try hard not to worry.

Back