Beginning to learn sign language

cgreen227

Reaction score
I am a hearing person attempting to teach myself sign language and would like to know if anyone has time to communicate via webcam or something so I can learn ASL. I know very little, and figured the sooner I start actualy communicating instead of just memorizing signs the better off I will be. I have watched some signing videos, but I feel actual one-on-one communication would be best. Anyone interested?

Welcome to AD!! I have a webcam. We can try to do a chat, but my schedule is kinda crazy and it's hard for me to connect with people to chat. (Just ask the couple of people I already try this with. LOL) But I'm willing to give it a shot. :O)

I have MSN (I use this most), Yahoo, Gmail (runs a bit slow for me) & Skype (although I haven't actually tried that one yet)

I have skype (turtlegreen227), but I can get an MSN one if you would like. It would be wonderful if we could work this out a little!!! i could probably learn more on my own first though. I know literally nothing. I just started looking into it last week and I have been busy doing summer AP work for school lately.

Okay, I added ya on Skype (I hope the thing works! LOL!) Can't get online right now tho... but maybe tomorrow? I work evenings but maybe sometime during the day? Don't worry about not knowing much. We'll work on it together. :O)

I am a hearing person attempting to teach myself sign language and would like to know if anyone has time to communicate via webcam or something so I can learn ASL. I know very little, and figured the sooner I start actualy communicating instead of just memorizing signs the better off I will be. I have watched some signing videos, but I feel actual one-on-one communication would be best. Anyone interested?
hey! i left you a comment on your profile on here, but i don't know if you saw it...

i'm gonna update what i said in the comment: i haven't been going on any form of im for a while (i've been really busy), but i'd love to have someone (especially someone around my age) to practice with over webcam.

do you use myspace or facebook?

I have both facebook and myspace, but I rarely use myspace. Facebook is a daily thing however...

hi...I am an ASL 3 (hearing) student always looking for people to sign with :) You can add me on skype if you'd like to talk.... my name on that is:
crashfirephoenix

Back