Beginner ASL course or Second year instead?

Reaction score
I have known ASL since I was 7 years old, but it's the basic stuff like colors, numbers, songs to the words, food, drinks, greeting, etc... I used to sign very little up until 10. I stopped and then started again at 18 or 19, still learning more of the basic. and already grasping concept. However, I'm not entirely sure if I should take ASL beginner or take the second year.

I haven't finalized my decision on what college to go to. I might end up going to a community college for the first year and hoping to go to Gallaudet for the rest of the years. However, what if I decide to do one year community college? Should I take the intro ASL?

Many College communities do have ASL classes like what I am currently in now (Chemeketa Community College). But, actually, Gally do have its program for ASL classes. Since you're a beginner, you should take a 1-year ASL before you can take 2-years ASL.

Even if you could and would test out of the beginner, take it anyway. It's a free credit! (My university would make me jump through hoops to test out of ASL 1 (it's not classified the way the other languages are), so I just took it to get the easy credit and make sure I hadn't missed anything.

Back