Been here a couple days - I like it!!!

Malfoyish

Reaction score
Hi,

A friend of mine referred me here - I had no idea that a place like this existed. :) But hey, I like it. So, Aimee, if you're reading this, thank you for showing me this site! :)

I'm 25 years old, happily married, have three children, and we live in NYC. I was born deaf and have a cochlear implant.

I am looking forward to meeting you all.

Malfoyish

Hi There!

Welcome to AllDeaf...

wow, you're young and already have three children.... :thumb: ...

I am glad U like it here.....Enjoy your stay!... :type: ...

Btw....when did you get CI?....And Do you like it?...

Last edited:
I'm glad that you like it here at AD.
Welcome to this site, and hope that you won't have to use your black magic on us too much, Malfoyish. Have fun posting here.

Hello Malfoyish :mrgreen:

Enjoy your stay and have fun postin'... *Winks*

:wave: Hi..welcome to Alldeaf and enjoy!! Im new myself and i really like it in here! lots of interesting people!

Hi!!!

Welcome, welcome...this is the place where you can post your outlandish statements, out of there opinions, batty comments...glad you like it!!!

Welcome again!

DD :devil:

Thanks to everyone... :)

Hi everyone,

Nope, no black magic here. If magic were a part of my life, I'd use only GOOD magic, more like Potter than Malfoy, but I've always had somewhat of a thing for villains...and I'm told I have a wickedly playful streak, so - hence the handle. :)

Angel - I got implanted two years ago. There is an extremely long adjustment period, but it does make it worthwhile. I did like it, and had gotten somewhat used to it, but got sick with meningitis last month...so right now, I'm not hearing things the way I used to. Perhaps I need a re-programming or there might still be some swelling - I'm hoping that it still works. Why? Are you considering it? If you are, then lots of luck...I am here if you have any questions.

The family - one of the children is actually mine. The other two are my husband's but they live with us and I am raising them as if they were my own...so - I don't use the word "step" when I call them my son and daughter as well. The baby is ours though, and he'll be four in the summer.

I'll be lurking around the boards. Catch you all there. :)

Malfoyish

Welcome to ALLDEAF.. I am glad u like it here... *Hugs!*...

Welcome to AllDeaf :fly2:

Thank you for tell us the story about your CI situation. I must say that I´m admire you for that. :kiss:

Angel - I got implanted two years ago. There is an extremely long adjustment period, but it does make it worthwhile. I did like it, and had gotten somewhat used to it, but got sick with meningitis last month...so right now, I'm not hearing things the way I used to. Perhaps I need a re-programming or there might still be some swelling - I'm hoping that it still works. Why? Are you considering it? If you are, then lots of luck...I am here if you have any questions.

Hi Malfoyish,

Acutally, I went to Cleveland Clinic after my second child was born to get CI for myself so I could hear my children's voices and etc..ALSO , because it did helps others be able to hear more than hearing aides..Since, I talk like a ' hearing' person I thought maybe If I could hear a bit more than what I could hear with my hearing aides....So, I took some tests and etc...My doctors told me I am unable to have CI because, I lost most of my hearing...Sadly I am unable to get CI...But, I am happy being deaf , my life and being with my children....Even when I am unable to hear my children's voices but at least they know sign languages that all its matters to me!... :D

Hi, Angel...

I'm sorry to hear that you were not a candidate for the implant after all...It would seem to me that you really did want it. Not everyone who is deaf is able to be implanted...but I can understand why you would be disappointed. Wanting to hear my childrens' voices was one of the main reasons that I did it. My speech is clear, but it is not "normal," as a hearing person's speech would be. I'm told I sound British. I'm not sure if that's an insult to people in England or a compliment for me. :)

Don't fret, though. I think things work out for the best, no matter what the outcome! I may have lost a lot of faith in :type:

Oh, well...no matter. I'm sure you are a terrific mother, whether you have the implant or not. Enjoy your children. All you can do is listen to them, whether you read their little lips, or use whatever you get out of hearing aids. (Do you? Or are they of no use to you?)

Hugs,
Malfoyish

Hi Malfoyish....

awww :Oops: Thank you for the nice compliment!.. :D ...

Yes, I really did wanted CI as the same reason as yours!....I understand what you meant by your speech...It's the same thing as mine , I was told that I talked like I have a bit of a cold....but, however I talked very well but not as well as the hearing people do...

I absolutely agree with you on things that will work out the best for us all :D ...I feel the same way about losing faith on the things that are around me too but then I get some encouragements and advice through my friends and families and that keeps me holding onto faith to the circumstances and the things that is happening in my life....We always can overcome the things around us....

Yes, I do read my children's lips and using sign language to communicate with them....My hearing aides do not help me hear...only hears loud sounds in the background which causes me to wonder where all the sounds are coming from and they do give me a lot of headaches....Sadly, they're of no use for me to wear them anymore....But, I can still hear noises and a child screaming or loud banging noises without the use of my hearing aides...

I'm glad your CI is working for you and I think you are a terrific mother too! :ily:

Thank you for caring and showing concerns towards me! ;) ...

*Hugs*....

I really do! :) Thank you all for your welcome. Its always nice to meet new people.

I'm enjoying the posts too. I had never seen a message board with so broad a range of topics. :)

Hugs to everyone,
Malfoyish

Back