Been fit is cosmetic

Dreamer03

Reaction score
So i have had problems losing weight. And there was some medications i could take with a balanced diet which should help me lose weight. But they are not covered and neither is the appointment with the nutriologist because been skinny is a cosmetic thing. Since when the heck is been fit a cosmetic thing? So you think it ahould be that way or look for health side?

Years ago I was told that I may not see my 50th birthday if I didn’t lose weight - I weighed 260 lbs and am 66 inches tall. Since then I have lost over 100 pounds - I weighed 150 pounds yesterday morning.

Here are the tips given to me by my doctor:

Never eat unless you’re hungry. Many people eat when they’re bored, depressed, etc. A meal should be considered fuel rather than something to do to pass the time.

Never eat to the point of being full. There is a difference between being “full” and being “no longer hungry”. The trick is to recognize the difference between the two. Several small meals during the day will be more beneficial than one or two large meals.

Go to bed hungry. Your body slows down while you sleep, so eating a large meal just before bedtime isn’t going to be beneficial.

Realize that a proper change in diet is a life change. If you’re overweight you have to realize that your eating/exercise habits are the reason for being overweight. If you change your diet in order to lose weight and then resume your old diet once you’ve attained your goal weight, you will gain the weight back because your old diet was the culprit. Many people experience this and feel as though they, or the diet, failed. Neither failed, your body is simply doing what you’re telling it to do.. process fuel.

Stay away from diet pills. Diet pills can help you lose weight. However, in order to maintain your goal weight, you’ll need to either take the diet pills for the rest of your life or change your diet if you stop taking the diet pills. The companies that make the diet pills are hoping you’ll do the former because this will continue to line their pockets. If you’re going to change your diet to maintain your new weight, you may as well change your diet to attain your goal weight and avoid spending money on the diet pills.

Adopting these tips caused me to lose most of the weight over the next few months. My weight continued to decline slowly as the new diet became a habit. I found that I had more energy and felt better about myself. I also found that I wasn’t spending as much money on food as I was before adopting these tips.

As always, consult your doctor before following any weight loss tips/diet.

Good luck. You can do it!

Skinny is cosmetic. Healthy is not skinny. Someone could weigh 300 pounds and be way healthier than someone who is just skinny. Just eat right and exercise and your body will take its natural healthy form. If that's not skinny, then you were not meant to be naturally skinny. That is why it's cosmetic.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Diet pills and all that other crap you can take can make all the claims in the world, but they are bad for you. 90% of them probably aren't approved by the fdc. You just either have to accept yourself or go through a cosmetic change. Depends on your vanity.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AllDeaf App mobile app

I don't think you have to be skinny, but healthy. Figure out what your BMI is. Basically a fat to weight, height and age ratio. I'm 5'7 and weigh 135. I think I'm neither skinny nor fat, but about right for my height and age.

Having said that, I do believe there is such a thing as being too skinny or too heavy. When that is the case, a visit with your doctor to get this classified as a medical rather than a cosmetic issue is necessary. That is when insurance would and should help out. Make it more about your concerns about being too skinny or too heavy from a health standpoint, rather than an appearances standpoint when talking with the doctor.

Well not skinny but be the right way. I have been doing diet (i do take a day free once in a while) or more of balanced diet. And i lost weight. I am exercising too and i have gain almost 30 pounds in less than 2 months. No pills. It was my general doctor giving me the diet but nutriologist is not covered became it is "cosemtic" even if i am overweight.

Well not skinny but be the right way. I have been doing diet (i do take a day free once in a while) or more of balanced diet. And i lost weight. I am exercising too and i have gain almost 30 pounds in less than 2 months. No pills. It was my general doctor giving me the diet but nutriologist is not covered became it is "cosemtic" even if i am overweight.

Have you had your thyroid checked out yet, you gain weight if they're underactive .

How much weight do you need to lose ? I keep hearing on TV the being overweight it bad for your health so I don't understand how this can be called cosmetic .

stay away from starchy foods, potatoes, sugary drinks, coke makes you fat, stay hell away from Ice Cream (the worst food to eat there is)....don't eat after 6-7 pm say if you go to bed at ten, have glass of water first and last thing in the day....

do that....see the change, oh one more good hint
reverse what you have for dinner and lunch, have dinner at lunch time have lunch at dinner time....

stay away from starchy foods, potatoes, sugary drinks, coke makes you fat, stay hell away from Ice Cream (the worst food to eat there is)....don't eat after 6-7 pm say if you go to bed at ten, have glass of water first and last thing in the day....

reverse what you have for dinner and lunch, have dinner at lunch time have lunch at dinner time....

I am sure you heard of the expression 'Eat breakfast like a king and dinner like a pauper' My dad ate like this . His breakfasts took a hour to eat he had 3 or 4 kind fish , boiled potatoes half a grapefruit ,black rye bread and eggs
and a jug of ice water . He stayed the same weight his whole life and did not have an ouch of fat on his body.

To Lose Weight: Eat Breakfast Like a King, Dinner Like a Pauper - Nutrition and You! - Boston.com

I totally agree with you

Sent from my Discovery using AllDeaf App mobile app

I don't understand the difference, looking fit and being fit are the same thing.

You don't need medication to lose weight. People take medication to combat food addiction and it only solves the symptom, it's not a cure. Food addiction is not a weight issue, it's an addiction issue.

Eat only natural, lean foods while cutting out processed foods and you will lose weight. Instead of Doritos make your own tortilla chips using whole wheat tortilla bread and an oven. Instead of processed chocolate cake have an apple. Instead of dark meat chicken have white meat. It's that simple.

Don't confuse drug addicted movie stars on steroids for health and fitness.

I don't understand the difference, looking fit and being fit are the same thing.

You don't need medication to lose weight. People take medication to combat food addiction and it only solves the symptom, it's not a cure. Food addiction is not a weight issue, it's an addiction issue.

Eat only natural, lean foods while cutting out processed foods and you will lose weight. Instead of Doritos make your own tortilla chips using whole wheat tortilla bread and an oven. Instead of processed chocolate cake have an apple. Instead of dark meat chicken have white meat. It's that simple.

Don't confuse drug addicted movie stars on steroids for health and fitness.

My ex sister in law took pills to lose weight in the 60's and she did not realize the pills will very addicted and she got hooked on speed . This really messed her up. I would never taken pills to lose weight . The is only a band aid affect , it's does not get to root of problem which could be emotional issues , stress, or an health issues that causing you gain weigh.

Well i dont eat junk food. Only like in special occasions like a birthday party or such. I eat a lot of fruits and vegtables. Drink mostly water, use much less salt than before. Probably the only thing i have not been abke to give up is chocolate but i eat it like once a week maybe and its thise fun size once. I will do more excerise once the pool is up but i am doing excerise right now too. I actually eat more breakfast than dinner.

What is your daily total calories count?

Rule of thumb, your meal should be the size of your fist.
It takes your brain 10 minutes to realize you are full and people tend to engorge themselves til they cant eat no more ( when the brain finally kicks is, you are already over stuffed)
To help with that 10 minute brain/stomach timing, it is good to carry a conversation with someone, since you pause between eating and talking which gives your brain time to react.

Some people eat to live, I live to eat.

Back