Be careful with psychotropics

Cardomani

Reaction score
Psychotropics? A controversial medicine.

Have ADD? Have depression? Tired of hearing people say you have a mental problem? Tired of it? It's repetitve, isn't it? The whole world has This Deficit disorder and that deficit disorder. Take a pill this many times everyday. ugh.

Be Careful. Make sure you watch out for side-effects. Many psychotropics, like Prozac, Ritalin, have sexual side-effects. Do not take it if you suspect a side-effect. It is not worth it.

Chemical happiness is not worth the side-effects.

a good book
'Plato, not Prozac' by Lou Marinoff, PHD
applying eternal wisdom to everday problems.

Why take prozac when you can use philosophy instead..

but the point is, some shrinks, will "Misprescribe" a psychotropic to give you a side-effect on purpose. Some of those purposes will to "Cockblock" the deaf.

Some of us have become deaf in many ways. As I had spinal menigitis from getting sick 3 years after premature birth, I was dying and the side-effect was deafness. Being a premature baby means my body is ingrown and is sensitive.

basically, almost everything gives me side-effects. Taking psychotropics was hell on earth.

I feel like I was "misprescribed psychotropics" because my shrink hates deaf people. not all shrinks are trustworthy and many of them sexually abused their patients and make 250 an hour doing it. They are full of themselves and think they can do whatrever they want. Those who shell out Prozac like a burger-flipper gives out a Big Mac are not healers.

that may "sound like it" but the fact remains that I had so many side-effects from psychotropics that they ruined my life.

For example, when I started taking prozac, I had a 'personality-make over'. usually you do get a personality change/make-over. This caused me to not train in martial arts for 7 years, and make bad decisons.
as the prozac gives you a sense of false happiness, it was giving me brain damage and making me think happiness in equation with bad decisions. you have no idea how evil prozac is. Its' DEMONIC.

demonic, because, in alchemy/sorcery, these chemicals can divine evil spirits and influene the human body with evil spirits.

'by Babylon's Sorcery, the Nations are deceived". -Revelations.

Not many people will understand this, but I do. Prozac and psychotropics are on the road of Sorcery/alchemy and are preparing human minds/bodies for evil spirits and the spirit of the Antichrist.

Seems more like you had a bad psychiatrist who thought you depressed.

You seem like a paranoid schizophrenic. You got the wrong medicine by far. You likely would have been helped if they gave you the right drug

From what I understand...

It takes years before one can find the right "cocktail" so to say... to figure out what combinations of drugs work best for your chemistry.

I hate threads like these. Medication has quite literally saved my life and my sanity. Souggy is right on the money. It can take years to get the right diagnosis; never mind the right medication for treatment. It is true that these medications cause side effects, but I would gladly put up with the side effects I've had then go back to the hell I was in before I went on medication.

It takes years before one can find the right "cocktail" so to say... to figure out what combinations of drugs work best for your chemistry.

yep, that part sucks. It takes forever to make a right diagnosis. Plus the communication between patient and shrink sucks- you say one thing to them it means something else to them.

make sure that the pros outweight the cons. Do the side-effects outweigh the benefits? We are talkign about psychotropics. Since when do psychotropic meds save peoples lives. I had medicine that saved my life from death in spinal menigitis, side effect was deafness. That wasnt a psychotropic like prozac.

You seem like a paranoid schizophrenic. You got the wrong medicine by far. You likely would have been helped if they gave you the right drug

I just shown you a book "Plato, Not Prozac". There are other ways of dealing with depression, OCD, ADD, that you don't have to rely on pills for everything. The mind is too wild and diverse, unexplored territory we humans don't completely understand yet.
Why not use Philosophy instead of a pill? Philosophy has no side-effects.

Put into other words. Prozac and psychotropics are like the "fast food" fix. It's like eating a Big Mac for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Eventually, after eating so many Big Macs, you get obese, sick, and (fast food does cause depression, OCD, ADD). Instead, you could eat Gourmet Food.

Philosophy, is that Gourmet Food. Tryign to get a fast food fix on something is no more satisfying than fast food.

yep, that part sucks. It takes forever to make a right diagnosis. Plus the communication between patient and shrink sucks- you say one thing to them it means something else to them.

make sure that the pros outweight the cons. Do the side-effects outweigh the benefits? We are talkign about psychotropics. Since when do psychotropic meds save peoples lives. I had medicine that saved my life from death in spinal menigitis, side effect was deafness. That wasnt a psychotropic like prozac.

I just shown you a book "Plato, Not Prozac". There are other ways of dealing with depression, OCD, ADD, that you don't have to rely on pills for everything. The mind is too wild and diverse, unexplored territory we humans don't completely understand yet.

Put into other words. Prozac and psychotropics are like the "fast food" fix. It's like eating a Big Mac for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Eventually, after eating so many Big Macs, you get obese, sick, and (fast food does cause depression, OCD, ADD). Instead, you could eat Gourmet Food.

Philosophy, is that Gourmet Food. Tryign to get a fast food fix on something is no more satisfying than fast food.

I am going to defer to Oceanbreeze and not participate since these threads are upsetting to her.

Best of luck to you.

WOAH! all I've got to say is you are one misguided, mislead, miseducated, delusional, paranoid individual.

1. shrinks misprescribe psychotropics to give you a side effect on purpose?

What do you even mean by this? Usually a psychiatrist will prescribe to create a positive outcome in response to a diagnosed condition. Side effects are possible on any med. With your shallow and misdirected conclusion you are disregarding any logical reason you might have been prescribed the drug in the first place.

2. maybe you can enlighten us what you mean about being "ingrown" and "sensitive" because you were born prematurely

3. Being "misprescribed" psychotropics because your shrink hates deaf people.

Are you really serious about that conclusion? What a self pity party.

4.Shrinks are not trustworthy because many of them were sexually abused?

Hmm....I wonder what reliable data you have to back that one up :roll:

5. that may "sound like it" but the fact remains that I had so many side-effects from psychotropics that they ruined my life.

For example, when I started taking prozac, I had a 'personality-make over'. usually you do get a personality change/make-over. This caused me to not train in martial arts for 7 years, and make bad decisons.
as the prozac gives you a sense of false happiness, it was giving me brain damage and making me think happiness in equation with bad decisions. you have no idea how evil prozac is. Its' DEMONIC.

demonic, because, in alchemy/sorcery, these chemicals can divine evil spirits and influene the human body with evil spirits.

Not many people will understand this, but I do. Prozac and psychotropics are on the road of Sorcery/alchemy and are preparing human minds/bodies for evil spirits and the spirit of the Antichrist.

I don't even have a response to this one because Im still laughing.

Im not this critical very often, but this is so deluded, it attention. Maybe thats what you were hoping for, who knows.
I don't know whats wrong with you, but my first guess would be A LOT

I'm bouncing out of this thread since I've said what I wanted to already. There's no debating someone who's already made up their mind about a subject.

Best of luck to you.

I am going to defer to Oceanbreeze and not participate since these threads are upsetting to her.

Best of luck to you.

It's alright, Bott. I just have a hard time with those who are misinformed and have already drawn their own conclusions about a subject. The OP is entitled to their opinion, but it's just that...

On that note, Ocean out.

WOAH! all I've got to say is you are one misguided, mislead, miseducated, delusional, paranoid individual.

1. shrinks misprescribe psychotropics to give you a side effect on purpose?

What do you even mean by this? Usually a psychiatrist will prescribe to create a positive outcome in response to a diagnosed condition. Side effects are possible on any med. With your shallow and misdirected conclusion you are disregarding any logical reason you might have been prescribed the drug in the first place.

2. maybe you can enlighten us what you mean about being "ingrown" and "sensitive" because you were born prematurely

3. Being "misprescribed" psychotropics because your shrink hates deaf people.

Are you really serious about that conclusion? What a self pity party.

4.Shrinks are not trustworthy because many of them were sexually abused?

Hmm....I wonder what reliable data you have to back that one up :roll:

5. that may "sound like it" but the fact remains that I had so many side-effects from psychotropics that they ruined my life.

I don't even have a response to this one because Im still laughing.

Im not this critical very often, but this is so deluded, it attention. Maybe thats what you were hoping for, who knows.
I don't know whats wrong with you, but my first guess would be A LOT

:gpost:

where in the world do you people live? Heaven?

Im in Tulsa, Oklahoma, the most deaf-hating place in the world. Everyone hates the deaf here.

I am speaking from experience, not opinion.

If I eat a nasty burger that tastes like crap and say, "Hey, this burger tastes like crap at this run-down restaruant in some dirty ghetto" you would believe me, right?

It's the same thing. I'm not here to tell you my opinion.

I am here to tell you to "Better be safe than sorry".

"Ingrown" means my body is not completely developed and grown from premature birth. It means my body is sensitive, because every pill I takes gives me side-effects. I went through hell on earth from a psychotropic that is supposed to help people.

It is so freaking irritating that this Prozac sucks so much, and so freaking hard to explain it to people.

Its very simple. Just watch out for side effects, because people hate the deaf so freaking much it's unbelievable. Shrinks will misprescribe pills to hurt the deaf, because they are stuck up over-paid hicks who think they know everything and think their pills are the cure for everything when they are total crap.

I hate prozac and psychotropics.
I'll explain why I hate it so much.

Now, When I took Prozac, it caused a "Personality Change".
I was a teenager and was very, very, very good at martial arts and all of a sudden, on Prozac, I stopped training and stopped martial arts.
That's not the only thing. I stopped painting. I was also a good artist and a good painter. Even going to art school, I took video/photo. This was a bad mistake. Prozac, through it's manipulation, made me think "happiness" in making bad decisions. Having a "personality change" meant I changed so many things in my life and lifestyle that was erratic and off-the-wall. As I took video and made video art, using old, slow computers (this was 1993-2000) and would spend all night long looking at a computer render my work and nothing would get done. IN that frame of time spent, I could have painted so much painting and sold many paintings for money and gotten good at painting. Instead, making video art, I barely got through with the slow computers and equipment that was crappy. I didnt paint until now, 17 years later.. and could probably be a Master Painter with 17 years of painting experience. probably would be a millionare by now with all that painting.. but no..

not just that. 17 years ago, when I was 17, I had a deaf girlfriend and we loved each other. We had a relationship and well..
the prozac, somehow, damaged my mind.
The prozac made me think it was a good idea to "break up" with her when I actually loved her.

This is very difficult to explain but you don't understand, nor do I have the know-how to explain, because this is unchartered, undiscovered territory-

All doctors and scientists will say, that "Psychotropics" is "Not an Exact Science".

Thats right. "Its NOT AN EXACT SCIENCE".

You see, I am super-duper upset at my breaking up with my deaf girlfriend. She was hurt and I hurt her feelings and she cried. Ever since for 17 years she has not forgiven me and has tried to get revenge on me and it has been a war.

But I know, in my heart, that if I didn't take the prozac, I would not have a "personality-makeover from hell" and not "Make bad decisions".

I see it as a big practical joke played on me.

To "COCKBLOCK THE DEAF".

SO, try to give me some credit for helping you out.

Its not a big deal to have Depression, ADD, OCD who cares. get over it. Taking those psychotropics suck.

FInd happiness in love, philosohy, get healed by Jesus instead.

ok. fine

don't worry about side-effects. Naively take yr prescription/misprescription. Why worry? Why be paranoid. Oh, being paranoid is bad, then be Naive.

Take extra heapings of prozac, have another pill. Be sure to take another. More happiness. Oh, having side-effects of sexual dsyfunction from Prozac? Oh, so what? Take another pill. Having Delayed Ejactulation from Prozac? take more prozac.
Lack of Libido and desire? So what. Big deal. Take yr medicine! More Medicine. Take and Take yr medicine!

be a Clinical Depressed patient! Take prozac forever!

cocaine. it's hell of a drug.

sallylou-albums-critters-picture3713-reception.jpg

I'm going to restrict my comments to a few words since I also find these kinds of threads bothersome. Let's take the opposite point of view. PRozac did not work for you, but it does for me. So who's right? Answer: We both are. If you're experiencing side effects from any medication, speak to your doctor and if he or she isn't listening, find another.

Last edited:
experiencing side effects from any medication, speak to your doctor and if he or she isn't listening, find another.

Yeah, of course. that's my whole point.

Um.. it's wierd, though, I ah.. didn't think I had a side-effect until it was too late- 7 years later when I got off the pill. Apparently, the "Chemical happiness" of Prozac over-rides my "know thyself" perception to some sort of intoxication of not paying attention to what the hell I'm doing and the decisions I am making under the influence of Prozac.

for example:
1. 7 years of not training in marital arts
2. not painting or drawing (doing video art instead)
3. breaking up with deaf girlfreind and other romance misfits and misfires
4. hanging out with really bad friends instead of good ones
5. developing really bad side-effects (prozac, for those who don't need it, and when they take it, develop psychosis and maniac rage- I had that).

ugh.

I thought Marijuana is a Psycho-Active..

Back