BB OS Update - 4.5.0

Jiro

If You Know What I Mean
Premium Member
Reaction score
did anybody upgrade their BB to latest OS 4.5.0? I just found out about the update today..... I'm updating it now :cool2:

Yup, I had seen it but decided not to upgrade until later due fear of defective camera in last few month ago.

you guy should not download from not ur carrier website

once brick ur cell phone that will void ur warrty nd att will not help u

you guy should not download from not ur carrier website

once brick ur cell phone that will void ur warrty nd att will not help u

That's bull!

It would not void warranty at all!! You can re-install OS again if you screw up.

Most important is that you MUST BACK UP your old OS BEFORE you install NEW one!! That's your "insurance"

Blackberry does not become a "Brick" if you unplug or was interrupted in the middle of the installation. Basically it will hangs during bootup without OS. (Showing lit white screen and hangs there)

Just simply unplug BB from USB and close the BB OS program and then plug the BB back to USB again and run SAME BB OS installation again. It'll re-install OS. Sit tight and wait until BB finished completing it's installation. If not then switch back to old BB OS and finish the installation. If not successful, try another good working PC or Laptop!! So there's no way you can "brick" your BB!!! I updated 4 BB's with NO PROBLEM!! It's soo damn easy!! (I've updated three Curves and one 8830)

AND Actually, you can't remove your Carrier's Splashscreen if you update BB OS. If it's an AT&T, it'll still be a AT&T, Sprint Sprintspeed still always a Sprint Sprintspeed ect... So don't worry about it.

Be sure that you have USB 2.0 which is faster than USB 1.1. It took me 15 min to get BB OS upgraded. Comparing to USB 1.1 that would take you nearly an hour. BB is notoriously slow on OS upgrade if using USB 1.1.

So If you think you "bricked" your BB, just tell them you dropped the phone and u'll get replacment if you have phone insurance included in your billing payment (I paid $7 month extra a month just in case).

PS: ruffle ur chest hair and say ur little "Tim Allen" Arrr Arrr

Catty

Last edited:
Help a fellow out?

Hey there!! I just went to the Sprint.com/download site and downloaded the 4.5.0.131 software for my sprint 8330 curve.

I noticed that I NOW have MMS in addition to SMS. Sooo...I sent a test picture via text to a good friend of mine since I could never send him a picture from my phone to his (he is on Altell)

Anyways...to my question..immediately after I sent that picture via MMS, I got a text message saying "Standard messaging rates of $0.20 each will apply. Go to Sprint.com or call customer care for messaging plan options"

This may sound dumb or a no brainer, but isnt messaging plan included in the sprint relay data plan???? Also I saw this...any one know if this is in the Sprint relay data plan or was the Sprint relay data plan built specifically for certain applications? Here is what I saw from sprint.com:

Everything Data

Maximize your phone's potential with unlimited data, Direct Connect and messages.
This plan includes

* Unlimited data: Web surfing, email, BlackBerry Internet Services (BIS), GPS Navigation, Music Premier, TV Premier, NFL Mobile Live, NASCAR Sprint Cup MobileSM
* Unlimited Direct Connect: Direct Connect and Group Connect (for capable phones)
* Unlimited messaging: Text, pictures and video
* Talk: Unlimited mobile to mobile, night calling and weekends starting at 7 p.m., nationwide long distance and no roaming charges
* More about what's included in this plan

I realize the incoming call features have been disabled. Do I get to enjoy the above benefits or is it again, sprint relay data plan built specifically for certain applications??

I just dont wanna send pictures and videos to other friends via mms and be charged 20 cents every time without realizing it.

Thanks in advance!!

I noticed that ever since an upgrade.... my BB is rather sluggish. :mad2:

I just upgraded my BB Curve 8830 to 4.5.0.131 .. It ran smoother now. I noticed that in Camera Options, There's new addition called "Geotagging (Disable/Enable)"

What's that!!??

Catty

What model is your Curve?? Is it 8310, 8320, or 8330???

If you had BB Curve for more than 1 1/2 years old, It probably have 64mb internal memory. Newer Curve now have 83mb internal memory which I have now.

Mine is running smooth with 4.5.0.131

Catty

I just upgraded my BB Curve 8830 to 4.5.0.131 .. It ran smoother now. I noticed that in Camera Options, There's new addition called "Geotagging (Disable/Enable)"

What's that!!??

Catty

Catty - I did a Google on geotagging and understand it CLEARLY now.

Put this picture in your mind ok? You know when Army/Navy wants to find a location, they use satellite to find locations by longitude and latitude? Like for example Longitiude: 1234578.5 with Latitude: 5889911 then the satellite zooms to that specific spot right?

Well...now think reverse....if you enable geotagging...when you take a picture..the picture will get info from your phone's gps of WHERE you took that picture. So, if you take picture in San Juan, Puerto Rico and you show the picture to your friends. Your friends say BS you NOT THERE....if you smart or if your friends are smart..they can find the latitude and longitude of where that picture was taken. (that info is supposed to be attached to the picture...how you get it..I dunno yet) and they can GULP...yeah catty right..catty was in San Juan when he take that picture. Here my source:

What is Geotagging?

chill_pill.jpg

Catty - I did a Google on geotagging and understand it CLEARLY now.

Put this picture in your mind ok? You know when Army/Navy wants to find a location, they use satellite to find locations by longitude and latitude? Like for example Longitiude: 1234578.5 with Latitude: 5889911 then the satellite zooms to that specific spot right?

Well...now think reverse....if you enable geotagging...when you take a picture..the picture will get info from your phone's gps of WHERE you took that picture. So, if you take picture in San Juan, Puerto Rico and you show the picture to your friends. Your friends say BS you NOT THERE....if you smart or if your friends are smart..they can find the latitude and longitude of where that picture was taken. (that info is supposed to be attached to the picture...how you get it..I dunno yet) and they can GULP...yeah catty right..catty was in San Juan when he take that picture. Here my source:

What is Geotagging?

Link dead.

Back