BB Curve 8330 or BB 9000?

SnAzZyStyLe2002

Reaction score
I'd rather have the Curve because of camera capabilities.

I'm abt to upgrade my old BB 8703e.

Why did you bring up thread about BB Curve and BB Bold (9000) when you rather have Curve w/ camera. I'm puzzled??

BB Bold have camera too and it have more internal memory and have fast processor than Curve! You need to research more about BB Bold through google or Youtube.com ....

If I had money to spend, I would go for Bold than Curve!!

I have BB Curve 8330 from Sprintrelay.com. It is powerful enuf for me to use better than Tmobile sidekick. If Sprint decide to implement BB Bold, I would be thrilled.

Catty

BB 9000 is known as BB Bold.

BB Bold has camera, 3G support, true USB 2.0 speedy and latest OS version.

BB 9000 is known as BB Bold.

BB Bold has camera, 3G support, true USB 2.0 speedy and latest OS version.

BB Bold 9000 is cool but I dont know when will it be released. I have now iphone but I will return iphone to att soon because it still has some problem with softwares and battery life very short also $50 plus tax too much. IPHONE is very good for hearing but not good for me or deafness too. :thumbd:

What about BB 10000????? just kidding :giggle:

It's possible, you can check in google "Blackberry Thunder". It's a concempt touchscreen Blackberry. So who knows they'll become true touchscreen Blackberry 10000 :lol:

Catty

BB Bold 9000 is cool but I dont know when will it be released. I have now iphone but I will return iphone to att soon because it still has some problem with softwares and battery life very short also $50 plus tax too much. IPHONE is very good for hearing but not good for me or deafness too. :thumbd:

LOL, I don't have short battery life issue on my iPhone 3G, I bet you just use push email and left WiFi on that cause battery life went drain so quickly, same with WM6 based smartphone/PPC, they will drain so quickly if you use push email and WiFi on.

I don't have issue with software, it works fine on mine.

For keyboard, I got used with touchscreen. ;)

LOL, I don't have short battery life issue on my iPhone 3G, I bet you just use push email and left WiFi on that cause battery life went drain so quickly, same with WM6 based smartphone/PPC, they will drain so quickly if you use push email and WiFi on.

i disagree your opinion about having pushy email draining the battery life. having pushy emails on mobiles are far better than POPs or IMTP emails.. POPs or IMTPs - manually checking email is that you don't know when something comes up on ur mobile. it counts from one minute to 10 minutes that does drain the battery quicker...

pushy email like mail2web.com is automatically getting you the email when something comes up. no timely counting needed. like for instance, if no email for 5 hrs then it doesnt need to check manually therefore it does last the battery longer...

research more carefully on pushy emails pls... :)

these ppl using mail2web on iphone 3G say that works better than any email (pops or IMAP).

i do agree that having wi fi activited on mobiles does drain the battery down quicker. same with bluetooth.

all high speed internet on mobiles always drain the battery down. nothing new...

it is same idea like hot rods or ferrari cars do drink the gas quicker...

3G/EVDO is 911GTS as EDGE/CDMA is CIVIC. does that make sense to you ?

i disagree your opinion about having pushy email draining the battery life. having pushy emails on mobiles are far better than POPs or IMTP emails.. POPs or IMTPs - manually checking email is that you don't know when something comes up on ur mobile. it counts from one minute to 10 minutes that does drain the battery quicker...

pushy email like mail2web.com is automatically getting you the email when something comes up. no timely counting needed. like for instance, if no email for 5 hrs then it doesnt need to check manually therefore it does last the battery longer...

research more carefully on pushy emails pls... :)

these ppl using mail2web on iphone 3G say that works better than any email (pops or IMAP).

i do agree that having wi fi activited on mobiles does drain the battery down quicker. same with bluetooth.

all high speed internet on mobiles always drain the battery down. nothing new...

it is same idea like hot rods or ferrari cars do drink the gas quicker...

3G/EVDO is 911GTS as EDGE/CDMA is CIVIC. does that make sense to you ?

Oh man, I was talking about energize, I bet he use gmail, yahoo via mail apps but don't think he use mail2web.

Using gmail via mail does drain battery so quicker, I had been experienced like that.

Oh man, I was talking about energize, I bet he use gmail, yahoo via mail apps but don't think he use mail2web.

Using gmail via mail does drain battery so quicker, I had been experienced like that.
i und but you stated about pushy email and i tried to prove the facts about pushy email because pushy emails are the best for mobiles. pushy emails are same as blackberry email thingy but it is just different system like ms exchange... if u mentioned gmail or yahoo, then i would agreed with u - no question about that. gmail or yahoo doesnt have a program like ms exchange or bb connect. they use POPs or IMAP servers.

pacman, sorry... :) i just tried to fact the truth about pushy email. that is all. :)

Too late - I got the new Curve 8330 yesterday. It's from Verizon.

I hated Sprint (my old BB 8703e) - limited coverage for the "1XEV" signal strength. My mom told me that Verizon have broadband wireless everywhere - meaning I can get 1XEV from literally anywhere. I don't care if I broke the contract and pay 200 bucks; Sprint itself needs to either upgrade their networks, or else they'd lose their business.

I still think that I may purchase second mobile as BB 9000 Bold for my business only. I need to use exchange email. I will wait to listen about new Sprint BB Bold.

Too late - I got the new Curve 8330 yesterday. It's from Verizon.

I hated Sprint (my old BB 8703e) - limited coverage for the "1XEV" signal strength. My mom told me that Verizon have broadband wireless everywhere - meaning I can get 1XEV from literally anywhere. I don't care if I broke the contract and pay 200 bucks; Sprint itself needs to either upgrade their networks, or else they'd lose their business.

Try att, att has limited broadband coverage (3G) than Sprint but lucky, att got EDGE in almost anywhere that's faster than 1xRTT and still expanding 3G into medium population of cities and some cities in far suburb right but won't able to expanding 3G in fully rural area due low population and more expensive, also att will upgrade the EDGE into more speed soon, half speed of 3G/EVDO (or 1xEV).

You will still get 1xRTT under Verizon if you are in fully rural area in some area, middle of nowhere or something like that but Sprint is more worse.

Congratulation on your new phone but I found BB 8330 isn't upgradable into EVDO Rev. A, according from website, unlike other phone, especially Verizon XV6800 with WM6 is upgradable into EVDO Rev. A, Rev. A is improves of speed, double the download speed and triple of upload speed, if you are really not care then that's ok but Rev. 0 is still true broadband and faster than EDGE.

I hate Sprint and they are losing over million of consumers now, not just only because of network speed, it's bad consumer service, conflict with Nextel and others, they need rid of Nextel, after experience of consumer service and network speed issue, I decided return the phone and cancel the contract without ETF (due 30 days of trial) and switch back to att again, early termination fee (ETF) from Sprint will be up to $175, not $200 but not sure if Sprint is prorated on ETF, it means reduce by $5 every month.

I still think that I may purchase second mobile as BB 9000 Bold for my business only. I need to use exchange email. I will wait to listen about new Sprint BB Bold.

I don't know about Sprint getting BB Bold cuz on AT&T website it stated that AT&T will only get the bold to market it.

BlackBerry® Bold™ 9000

The BlackBerry® Bold™ 9000 is the much anticipated Global 3G BlackBerry smartphone.

Boasting a sleek and elegant finish that complements the high-resolution, ultra-bright display, the BlackBerry Bold is like nothing you've ever experienced before. The BlackBerry Bold gives you more speed, more power, and more memory to download/edit email attachments, render web pages, and leverage productivity applications.

Talk on the phone while sending and receiving email or accessing the web—you can do it all with the new BlackBerry Bold—available only from AT&T.*

*The BlackBerry Bold 9000 is expected to be available later this year, exclusively from AT&T in the United States.

It states "exclusively from AT&T"

So no idea if other carrier Sprint or Verzion or TMoblie will offer BB Bold or it AT&T only like the iPhone.

I don't know about Sprint getting BB Bold cuz on AT&T website it stated that AT&T will only get the bold to market it.

BlackBerry® Bold™ 9000

It states "exclusively from AT&T"

So no idea if other carrier Sprint or Verzion or TMoblie will offer BB Bold or it AT&T only like the iPhone.

It said that other carriers could get Bold in few month after release on att at first place.

Try att, att has limited broadband coverage (3G) than Sprint but lucky, att got EDGE in almost anywhere that's faster than 1xRTT and still expanding 3G into medium population of cities and some cities in far suburb right but won't able to expanding 3G in fully rural area due low population and more expensive, also att will upgrade the EDGE into more speed soon, half speed of 3G/EVDO (or 1xEV).

You will still get 1xRTT under Verizon if you are in fully rural area in some area, middle of nowhere or something like that but Sprint is more worse.

Congratulation on your new phone but I found BB 8330 isn't upgradable into EVDO Rev. A, according from website, unlike other phone, especially Verizon XV6800 with WM6 is upgradable into EVDO Rev. A, Rev. A is improves of speed, double the download speed and triple of upload speed, if you are really not care then that's ok but Rev. 0 is still true broadband and faster than EDGE.

I hate Sprint and they are losing over million of consumers now, not just only because of network speed, it's bad consumer service, conflict with Nextel and others, they need rid of Nextel, after experience of consumer service and network speed issue, I decided return the phone and cancel the contract without ETF (due 30 days of trial) and switch back to att again, early termination fee (ETF) from Sprint will be up to $175, not $200 but not sure if Sprint is prorated on ETF, it means reduce by $5 every month.

you are right. I did spoke with tech support about 3G and faster EDGE. They said that 3G will gonna to active entire EDGE network soon. I did not see any update on my hometown on wireless.att.com/coverageviewer. They said it won't update on the coverage map until I will get 3G at my home as well. I will see and wait what happen anytime.

I can't imagine that 3G or EV icons from ATT EDGE network will show aircard or pdas.

I asked them when it will coming there and they said they don't have any information on their computer :( as well.

Snallga,

PM me where your location is and i can try to locate it for you and see if 3G will be available in your location when i m back to work this coming monday.

you are right. I did spoke with tech support about 3G and faster EDGE. They said that 3G will gonna to active entire EDGE network soon. I did not see any update on my hometown on wireless.att.com/coverageviewer. They said it won't update on the coverage map until I will get 3G at my home as well. I will see and wait what happen anytime.

I can't imagine that 3G or EV icons from ATT EDGE network will show aircard or pdas.

I asked them when it will coming there and they said they don't have any information on their computer :( as well.

If EDGE is upgrade into more speed, it will still "E" or "EDGE" on your phone but you need take speed test if EDGE is true broadband or not (need be at 768 kbps or above).

att hasn't expands the EDGE into more speedier yet, need do it soon.

Back