Battery size 675

Leah

Reaction score
Hello all:
I am using size 675 for my hearing aids. I don't want to buy them from the interenet. I know they only come in 4 in a package. Is there anywhere I can get like 6 or 10 in a package? Can I buy them from Med-EL or Cochlear? I don't have an implant. And also I want to get an battery keychain do you know where I can find one of those on line? Write Back Soon,
Thanks,
Leah

You might want to reconsider your position on buying them through the Internet. A quick check on Froogle revealed that they can be had for as little as $.50 apiece if you buy them in bulk online. I’m in the same position as you are, as my wife is running out of the year’s supply that came with her CI and is now shopping around for the lowest price. She’s been reduced to wearing her body processor all the time now because her hours at work have sucked lately and she can no longer afford to blow through a 6-pack every two days. Here’s a couple of cheap sources that I’ve found so far:

Walgreens

Batteries and Butter

I haven’t checked to see how much they charge for shipping, though.

http://www.adcohearing.com/haa_batt_acc.html

Leah, scroll down on the website I gave you above. There are two, but for some reason the other one doesn't show it's pictures. This is the only catalog I have seen that sell those battery caddies or holder.

Hope that helps!

***Also, if you want batteries--ask your adiologist about getting free batteries. I have heard from some people that they sign up for their company or something and they get batteries regularly in the mail. Also, if you get Medicaid, you can get them paid for and get them in the mail in bunches.

Last edited:
Leah said:
What CI does your wife have?

She has the Nucleus 24. I have the feeling that you will eventually be getting a CI. Since you have plenty of time to investigate all your options, you might want to take a look at the newest Advanced Bionics units. They offer two ways to get around the expensive batteries problem. The first is a remote battery pack which is connected to the BTE processor with an 11 inch cord and hold 2 AA batteries. The second option is a rechargeable battery which attaches to the BTE itself, and comes in two sizes: 9 hour and 17 hour operating times. I really wish the people at the Cochlear Corporation had put their thinking caps on when they designed the Nucleus. :doh:

Med-El and Nucleus uses 675 batteries. It's a handful in a year to use. However, insurance can pay once a year for a pack of them to last you 365 days. They last around 48 hours, I believe. One positive about Nucleus is that you can have PhonakLink boot that attaches to the back of the Nucleus to use FM System. I could use an FM in some situations. They prove to be helpful with the CI whereas with hearing aids they weren't helpful. Med-El and Clarion don't have that. Their options to use FM System sucks. I have the Clarion, and I admit that I do like some of the Nucleus advancements :). It's nice to have rechargable batteries because that shows not waste in the environment or have to buy extras, but since I got the older version it only lasts 4 hours each. Maybe 5 hours max. Not a drag since I am used to it, but it would be LOVELY to have it last all day (leave batteries home) especially with a beeping warning that only you can hear ;). Sometimes it goes off in the middle of conversations and that sucks without warning.

Nucleus can recycle their batteries. I just don't know how to do that. Just have to find out!

I see plus and minuses in each of the implants. I have no "enemy" with the other brands.

Back