Bath For Dogs

BabyAngel

Reaction score
How many times do you have to bath your dog (if you have a dog that lives inside of the house)? once a week, month, or year?

My 2 dogs are big housedogs, I will NEVER put them outside at night to sleep. They sleep in my room on the floor, and normally, I bathe them 1 or 2 time a month, it depend how dirty your dogs are. You don't want to give your dogs a bath everyday or every week or something like that, it will dry your dog's skin.. I would say 1 or 2 times a month, it would be good enough.

My dog, Copper, the red (Shepherd/Dingo mixed), he likes getting in the bathtubs, river or lake and he get dry skin, and I used my son's lotion and oil to sooth his skin. He is a waterdog and LOVES to get in the water...

CrazyMomma said:
My 2 dogs are big housedogs, I will NEVER put them outside at night to sleep. They sleep in my room on the floor, and normally, I bathe them 1 or 2 time a month, it depend how dirty your dogs are. You don't want to give your dogs a bath everyday or every week or something like that, it will dry your dog's skin.. I would say 1 or 2 times a month, it would be good enough.

My dog, Copper, the red (Shepherd/Dingo mixed), he likes getting in the bathtubs, river or lake and he get dry skin, and I used my son's lotion and oil to sooth his skin. He is a waterdog and LOVES to get in the water...

yes i used baby shampoo.. wont hurt the eyes...
SxyPorkie

My vet said that I just bath him once a week, unless he gets dirty. So almost like twice a week. But so far, I have been giving my baby a bath once a week. He has sensitive skin and my vet sugguested for me to give him oatmeal shampoo *it is dog shampoo*. It smells so good and it kills fleas, ticks and eggs. Most importantly, it keeps his hair so soft and so smooth and very SHINY. :)

Yea, oatmeal shampoo/conditioner for dogs, it smells really good and it kills flea too...

CrazyMomma said:
Yea, oatmeal shampoo/conditioner for dogs, it smells really good and it kills flea too...

Yep and it really helps to reduce itching too. Before I found the shampoo, my baby used to scratch himself almost every minute. My vet told me and I found the shampoo and it really helps him alots.

I bathe Snickers, my hearing dog, about once every four-to-six weeks. I have it done at Petco and use their shampoo and whitener, unless there is a problem with Snickers skin, as there is today (used medicated conditioner).

This is the way you give your dog a bath.
was2040.3.jpg

Something tells me that dog ran amuck with a skunk!:whip: :giggle: But having the fire department respond? :eek2: Wow! That's service! :popcorn:

Once a month for my two bulldogs..
Flea shampoo and Dog Shampoo Good enough..
*smelly so nice*

Back