bass lovers ,....music..

I was a serious bassist back when...younger days. Recorded at Critiria Studio (that's where The Eagles recorded Hotel California and Clapton did Layla among other famous people/bands), David Geffen heard our music and enjoyed it (minus the vocals); he also demanded a video since music videos were the thing then - music was my life during those early years! I had the major chops back then.

I played a '76 Fender P-Bass through a Gallien-Krueger system. For those who play the instrument. My dream bass guitars back then were...

MusicManStingray5Bass003.jpg

StingRay (a Leo Fender original)

tumblr_lxmfbi0PWu1ql7mh2o1_400.jpg

RIC 4003

fender-64-jb-cs-cuerpo3.jpg

Fender Jazz bass (vintage)

Singer and drummer are now married with kids; guitarist passed five years back of throat cancer. I stopped playing and went back to college; earning a AA.

The following is a rehearsal we recorded via a board one night prior to a gig in South Beach. We were called Bad Habit and all we played were original songs (we had a section in the program of classic rock covers like Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Aerosmith, etc. It was a pretty cool time.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybEBKGZUesM]badhabitsong_2.wmv - YouTube[/ame]
_

I love music with lots of growling bass in it. I have tried to learn to play bass in church, but when I got up on the platform to play, the music to me was just all noise and I could not hardly tell where they were it was so jumbled up, so I made a graceful exit back to my seat and haven't tried it again yet. Maybe I should try it without the HA in, I don't know. But I definitely like to feel the bass going through me.

Gotta love Bass...
Listening to some Old Skool Big Beat such as Chemical Brothers, Fat Boy Slim, Transglobal UnderGround or Utah Saints through a BeatsAudio device and some really good speakers or headphones is one of my little pleasures :)

Back