bank requirements for relay

I'm curious, how often does it come up that you need to actually call your bank?

We do virtually all of our banking, including paying bills, on line. I have automatic deposit of my checks. Get cash from ATMs. It's rare that I actually need to speak to anyone in person.

I left my atm card there by accident...and i was nearly 125 miles away before I realized...they refused to take my call. Also,.I'm out of state and I need them to send forms. The website says to call them. They refused my call. Then they sent me a letter stating I need the form and to...call them. So frustrating!!!

I'm curious, how often does it come up that you need to actually call your bank?

We do virtually all of our banking, including paying bills, on line. I have automatic deposit of my checks. Get cash from ATMs. It's rare that I actually need to speak to anyone in person.
Same here. The only time I had to call my credit union was when my account was hacked, and when I had to dispute a charge. Those were the only two times in many, many years. Even then, I had to follow up with in-person meetings to file the formal complaints.

The toll-free numbers on the backs of cards are a waste. Even if something happens and you call them, they don't really take any action until you fill out the paperwork in person.

Just hope that you never get hacked or defrauded on the Friday evening of a three-day weekend.

If your card got frozen, you can't deal with it online. My atm card got frozen when i was in alabama because "it got compromised." I didn't lose any money but couldn't use the card. You can't address those issues online, you either call or go directly to the bank.

I left my atm card there by accident...and i was nearly 125 miles away before I realized...they refused to take my call. Also,.I'm out of state and I need them to send forms. The website says to call them. They refused my call. Then they sent me a letter stating I need the form and to...call them. So frustrating!!!

They don't have any e-mail way to contact them?

We do business with two banks, and both of them have a "contact us" button on their website which takes you to an e-mail address for them. Of course you should never put your account number in an e-mail, but once they have your name, they can find your account. I have e-mailed my banks from time to time, never had any problem at all doing that.

To me, if a company has apologized and taken steps to make it right, then I'd stay with them, absent any other compelling reasons to leave. If this bank is convenient to you and has the services you want, and you now have a real live person to contact in the event you need it, that all sounds pretty good in resolving the issue.

I'm completely with you on this. Having an established relationship with your bank really goes a long way.

They never answered my emails or snail mail. Crappy customer service. Nevertheless, if hearing people have the option to call the bank for any reason, so should deaf people. They can take measures to prevent fraud...otherwise, how are they so sure that the hearing person is indeed the caller? Security questions! Ask me security questions via relay...the imposer shouldn't know those answers.

They act like it is their money, not yours.

STOMP 'EM!

STOMP 'EM!!!

STOMP 'EM!!!!

when I have to transfer money in or out of my cd... I have to call or go in. when i'm busy at work I can't go in... yes most of it i deal with online, but there are certain things that I can't do online. and my bank refuses to deal with that online, or with frozen accounts.

Interesting. I can do all of that online.

I've never had to deal with a frozen account, so don't know about that, but everything else is e-banking.

I've never had to deal with a frozen account, so don't know about that, but everything else is e-banking.

In my case, my account wasn't frozen, just the card and inability to log in online. Got a message that said to call the bank but I just went in person because it was only a block away. It got taken care of immediately.

Mine was frozen for about a week when it was hacked. Blah!

I get them requiring me to go in and tell them... hay... I am going to be using relay (which I have done) but requiring my audiogram? really? that seems a little over the top...

I understand reason your requires on audiogram reason your audiogram!

Mine was frozen for about a week when it was hacked. Blah!

It happened me last christmas and I found someone ordered something online with using my credit card by mistake. I was issued a new one.

Now that I think about it - we did have something like that happen. Someone in NYC charged a lot of stereo equipment to our card number. Either the credit card company or our credit union called us and asked if we were using our card in New York. We were not. They cancelled the transaction and mailed us a new card.

Very on the ball of them to notice right away this unusual charge.

I seriously hate banks.... as soon as I have a certain case on my account cleared up I'm switching to a credit union.

audiograms? never heard, when my bank account has been frozen during I was trying to withdrawn a cashout from ATM machine and read message said plz, call support service. I said like wtf. I called support service with relay service. Bank asked me some questions for verify my ID cuz, I ordered many items from shopping online cuz, risky of fraud everywhere. I answered Yes, I did it. I purchased some items. Bank re-active my account for open ATM anywhere. I said like *rolling my eyes* as wasted my time for go out back to withdrawn cash from ATM machine.

Back