Baltimore people out there?

Franz K

Reaction score
Hey all,
I'm relatively new to this forum... I'm not much for online communication though-- I like to meet people in person! I'm deaf, moved to Baltimore recently, and looking to get more fluent in ASL. I don't really know any Deaf people here, though I've met a few on this forum. If you live in the area (I know, I know, there's D.C., but I don't have a car), give me a shout out and message me if you'd like to meet up.
Franz

I live in the Baltimore area. I dont go out much to socialize but once in a while my husband and I go to deaf socials or meet up with deaf friends. When we do, I will PM u! :)

:welcome: to Alldeaf! Have fun browsing and posting! :)

I dont live in the area as I am from Arkansas. but want to welcome you to the forum and happy posting away! :)

Franz,

Welcome to the AD forums! :wave: Another Marylander here.

As for meeting people, in addition to some of the suggestions made in other threads that you have started, I would also suggest getting in touch with some of the local schools and organizations for the Deaf and become involved in their activities that may be in your immediate area. That way, you can establish friendships and build trusts.

Not having a car will limit you somewhat but hopefully you live near a MTA route and can figure out some places that you can get to that have a Deaf presence. Best wishes to you!

Finally, I saw you moved here from Portland to persue graduate studies. What school and what curriculum; if I might ask? :ty:

Dave

Welcome aboard to AllDeaf :)

Is it true there is high majority of deaf people living in Maryland than any other states of USA?

Welcome aboard to AllDeaf :)

Is it true there is high majority of deaf people living in Maryland than any other states of USA?

That is a good question. Yes, there is a large deaf population here in MD but the highest?

Back