Baked Rattlesnake

TongueOnFire

Rest In Peace Amanda, You Will Be Missed
Reaction score
BAKED RATTLESNAKE

1 rattlesnake, med. to large Diamond Back or other large species)
1 recipe thin white sauce
1 tbsp. margarine
1 tbsp. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup half-and-half or milk
1/4 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 tsp. basil
1 tsp. white pepper
1 tsp. rosemary
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1/4 cup capers

Skin snake and dress. Wash in cold water. Cut into 3-inch sections and place in large baking dish. Melt margarine. Stir in flour and salt. Gradually stir in milk and stir constantly until thickened and smooth. Pour over meat and add mushrooms, basil, pepper, rosemary, and lemon juice. Cover tightly. Bake in 300 degree F. oven for 1 hour or until done. Garnish with capers.

Rattlesnake? Isn't that venemous, is that a prepped snake that u buy at the stores? U don't want to cook a snake that's posionous. I guess have to cut his head off before cooking cuz venom in snake head. Sounds interesting, I wonder what it taste like, probably chicken lol.

nods.. that rattlesnakes... liebling!!

--------------

thanks for url to show them what rattlesnake meats suppose to be to eat, etc... XXDeafSpiritXX .. :)

Tongueonfire,

r u okay on your head???

as for me.. err.. no thanks.. Too scary snake has posion into my body system..

haha , bullymom , ofc i am alright.. i ate that once time, it not bad ..it almost taste like more tough chicken! .. haha!! when i was little girl like around 10 yrs old.. my aunt and uncle bought 2 of rattlesnake meats to Ohio , they used to live in Texas long time ago .. they made some of them for us curious to taste! ... not bad at all .. ofc they ain't poison your body since it cooking/cooked! haha!

TOF

Your welcome TOF. A friend who was explained me about this; the fact (deaf either hearing) Boy Scouts in TX who had been eating fried rattlesnakes and they said it tasted like chicken.

TOF is right what cooking/cooked that ain't poison to body system.

Yes interesting that what ppl eat.

I remembered when I was in 3rd grade what a teacher wanted all of us students to eating fried rattlesnake that would get an A grade, so I said NO thanks. A teacher was sent me office to be punished me for saying No. A principal asked me why No to a teacher what I cannot say No to a teacher? I told that I will not eat fried rattlesnakes, simple saying No thanks but a teacher was forced me to. So, Principal told a teacher, no fried rattlesnakes in class if students do not want to eat. That what I learned when I was young, also there were Boy Scouts who were explained me about this. In way what they learned how to hunt, to cook and such surivial.

Back