Bad News..

My brother in law is a Marine, so he usually go to Iraq every year, and returns home in July. My sister is pregnant, and her baby due in September, so I bet he is staying here.

Hang in there, and be strong. He will be home in September, and be with you again.

*Hugz*

Sorry to hear about that.

Yes, it can be frustrating.

I don't understand why the troops are still over there. They should all have been back a long time ago. I certainly hope that things turn for better and he comes back sooner! :)

aww bearbeauty

i know how you feel it suck to have militry guys out there fighting
i know hugs ya

Awww Im so sorry to hear that, hun..here my hug for
you..:hug:
I know your situation cuz i have a stepdaughter that
has a husband who is in Iraq right now and it is his
second tour! ugh! I dont know why either cuz the first
time he was back home, he suffered severe depression
caused by the war and he had therapy. Well, the docs
declared that he is well enough to go back again, thats
baloney cuz he was still stressed!
Two weeks ago, we got news he got injured when his
vehicle got bombed, his driver was worse hit, he was
not badly hit, just minor injuries on his head, shoulders
and arms and he was laid up for a few days..poor thing!
He is due home in May just for 2 weeks rest, but i wonder!
We think it will be delayed cuz they are short of men!!
We are beginning to wonder like you Bearbeauty, IF he
will come home in May, BIG DOUBT! cuz we heard on the
news from Prez Bushy saying bull crap!! grrrrrrr!
My poor daughter in law...soooo upset about the whole
thing..his injuries and his doubtful homecoming....
I will be praying for you and your bf and for all the
troops over there!!
Just hang in there, hun!!

Ok, As some of you know, My boyfriend is in Kuwait.. and is supposed to be coming home In July.. for those who don't know why, he's in the army.

I'm sure some of you know what this is like...if you've had military family memebers or spouses.

His deployment has been extended 60 days.. so he should be home in September.. I am VERY unhappy. i just found out this morning.. And Frankly.. I"m upset, I've been crying ever since I woke up. which is about half an hour now.

I know some people love the army and support them.. But Right now, I"m sorry to say, I really despise the army. Right now, I'm just sad, and crying. I really miss him.. and I don't know how often i'll be checking alldeaf while I deal with the news. So If you don't see me around much, I thought you guys would like to know why.
He's already missed our 1 year anniversary becuase of this deployment.. now we can't even celebrate our 2 year anniversary. which Totally sucks.

Sorry, needed to Vent a bit. Ok Now I'm gonna go cry.

I know how it feels when your love one is far away...my son has been in Iraq twice and it is hard on his wife too , but we all have faith and we all pray everyday for our loved ones to come home safe . I hope for the best that he comes home sooner than later ........big hugs for you

OK.. I have good news and bad news.. Yeah.. story of my life.. The good news is.. he may not have to stay the full 60 days.. we're being cautiously optimistic..
And he's getting paid more for the extension.. YAY!

Bad news... and yes, this is really bad news...

His laptop died *cries* So it's being shipped to Alienware *mutters curses at Alienware* (ok.. you can tell your favorite alienware jokes here) So hopefully he will get it fixed soon and I get to chat with him again..
And yes, his laptop is alienware. And obviously, I'm not exactly a big fan of alienware. Ah Well.. I'm not gonna argue about alienware with anyone.. if you like the company, more power to you :) I don't.. that's my problem :)

Ok.. So yeah.. there's your update.. now back to your regular scheduled programming...

Aw Bearbeauty :hug:....and I'm glad he doesn't have to stay the full 60 days..

BearBeauty, I never could understand what Bush is up to. I truely do wish that the war would stop. My father in law was in Iraq south of Baghdad about 2 years ago and had to stay for a year. He's come home safe. It does make you wonder every day, every single day if he'll make it home. Its hard. I hope your love one do come home safe and back into your arms! Hang in there!

Awww Hun i'm so sorry my best friend's brother also got extended so lots of hugs and we're all here for you

OK.. I have good news and bad news.. Yeah.. story of my life.. The good news is.. he may not have to stay the full 60 days.. we're being cautiously optimistic..
And he's getting paid more for the extension.. YAY!

That is great news bb! Glad he does not need to stay full 60 days whohooo !!

Bad news... and yes, this is really bad news...

His laptop died *cries* So it's being shipped to Alienware *mutters curses at Alienware* (ok.. you can tell your favorite alienware jokes here) So hopefully he will get it fixed soon and I get to chat with him again..
And yes, his laptop is alienware. And obviously, I'm not exactly a big fan of alienware. Ah Well.. I'm not gonna argue about alienware with anyone.. if you like the company, more power to you :) I don't.. that's my problem :)

Laptop broken down no so good grrrrrrrr, I too had laptop but not alienware , just 4gb laptop pretty darn old but hey it still works lol. As long as it works who cares . Now it is time for met to get new one Someday I will get on .....Keep us post with new updates.

Ok.. So yeah.. there's your update.. now back to your regular scheduled programming...

Looking forward to watch for your update , regualr schedule programming??? I"m more of regular schedule everyday work ....chores , more chores , lots of chores (nothing ever gets done ! dont it?) lol best of luck to your man getting home sooner !

HI.

I know the feeling when a person is in army the person who you LOVE him.. I know the feeling because you hope that he would be home soon not 60 days, but since that I read that he will be home soon which that I am happy for you, you will run over and hold him in his arms! it would be exciting for u both to be together again! :D

here my :hug: for you :)

Take care.

Ok I've got an update.. but I can't confirm it as of yet.

My boyfriend MIGHT be coming home next month instead of in october.. As soon as I know.. I will announce it to everyone.

But there is a bad side, yes. I will not be on AD much for a while if this ends up true. Because we will be getting ready to move, and scrambling to look for a job for him if he does get back next month, because if he does come home, he will have less than 2 months to find a new job since he will be leaving the army. But.. he may decide to stay in the army, which is a possibility. I will update Aders as soon as I know more. Right now i'm being very cautiously excited.

I just found out today, so i'm a bit ethuastic.. but since the army is known for giving us good news and then spoiling it all with bad news... I'm trying to take this with a grain of salt.

Aw, great to hear, hope it does come true....:hug:

I understand you will be away, but you won't be forgotten by us ;)

News Update..

the plans for him to come home this month did not happen.. he will be coming home October 24th. YAY! We're happy about this because it means more money for the next 5 months, and of course, sad cuz I won't see him til then.
But that's the army. He said they will not extend his stay any further, because they can't afford to pay the extra cash for him to stay. So he will be home around October 25th.. *I'm adding a day for the 16 hour flight from Kuwait to germany to America plus whatever he has to do for the army upon his return*

There you go. Now you can go back to your regularly scheduled programming.

That's great! When he returns, he will become a civilian or still on reserves?

he'll be in the army for 90 days then becomes a civilian. but since he didn't do the full 8 years, he will spend some time as reserve. i think it's just under 2 years. Not quite sure.

He was supposed to get out last year, but this deployment put that off. So he'll be out Jan 2008. Which means that once he gets out of the army, I won't have net til we get a place and all that. We will be moving based on where his next job will be. And No, we don't know where it will be. But Soon as we know and have moved in and all that, I will update everyone.

he'll be in the army for 90 days then becomes a civilian. but since he didn't do the full 8 years, he will spend some time as reserve. i think it's just under 2 years. Not quite sure.

He was supposed to get out last year, but this deployment put that off. So he'll be out Jan 2008. Which means that once he gets out of the army, I won't have net til we get a place and all that. We will be moving based on where his next job will be. And No, we don't know where it will be. But Soon as we know and have moved in and all that, I will update everyone.

My husband is a former Marine and he is now a civilian. I wasnt with him while he was a Marine. I cant imagine if we were to get together while he is a Marine and he has to move since I cant move out of MD.

This thread remind me of my 20 years old niece. Her boyfriend is army and station in Afghanistan. :( She is sad and miss him a lot. She might see him this summer.

BearBeauty, I'm happy for you to be exciting for your boyfriend's visit...

I've been dealing with this for a year, it has not gotten easier. I miss him every day, and having his bosses and whatnot constantly changing their departure date has been a nightmare.

It is hard.. but I am getting by, and it helps that I know he's not in as much danger as someone who is in Iraq. That has made this a lot easier. I can't imagine what it would be like otherwise.

personally, I worry about every soilder who is over in the middle east, not just my boyfriend. I have friends over there and I worry about them. I just hope and pray every day that they all come home safe.

I am sorry to hear about your boyfriend being in the army and not back until October. :hug: I don't like the army either. In fact I'm a pacifist. I hope your bloke comes back ok :fingersx:

Back