Bad marketing?

Endymion

Reaction score
Today I met with someone representing a firm. We had a good, informative conversation and at the end she gave me a freebie like those pens with company names engraved on them.

This freebie, however, happens to be bath confetti for one time only.

I thought to myself "This is awful marketing. If I use bath confetti, I'm going to use it once and then throw away the package with the company's name on it."

What do you think? Do you think that it actually might be a good marketing idea anyway?

Not really, but it depends on what kind of
product they're selling ? I agree this seem
like awful marketing...

I noticed that many realtors used some
great marketing tools giving away their
calendars including the company name
as a reminder every day, every month,
every year !

Maybe you can be the first to confront her about the freebies. Make her reconsider doing something else for keeps.

that's not a wise thing to do using it once and never use it again. How will they be noticed and remembered if can be used just once? maybe you can have a talk with her and say make pens, papers, advertisments, etc.

I never really see the point of having marketing stuff on pens, paper, or anything. A business card would be good enough. The only thing I like about them is that I get them for free. If they give me a pen with marketing stuff on them, I usually scrape them off with a razor blade. If they give me a bar of soap with their company logo on it, I'm not going to care since I won't even remember. In fact, I can't even remember the name of the bar of soap that I'm using right now! ;)

Back