Bad Accident on the way home from work.

prostock19

Reaction score
Last night, I left work about midnite and went off to a friend's house so I can sleep on the couch. Well, I was rounding the corner onto Frenchtown road when I saw a huge blue flash. From my experiences, that was either 1 of 2 things. Something caused a pole to break and the wires came together or a huge transformer blew. I crested the hill and I saw a car stopped on the side of the road, and I saw a pole broke. I was like "hmm, don't see any damage, lets check it out" As I was making a U-turn, just off into the woods, I see this:

2234844_200X150.jpg

This picture doesn't show the whole magnitude. I recognized a license plate and a tailight...and maybe a wheel. I grabbed my flashlight, checked the wires on the pole, and checked around the car for any down wires. There were none so me and a guy went searching around this heap of metal that use to be a car to see if we could find anyone. There was a small fire starting, but we were trying to find any victems. Then the police came. I told one of the officers that there was a small fire and we needed an extinguisher. He got the extinguisher and put it out. We couldn't find anyone in the woods or grass. The fire department came and we were ordered back.

The guy that was helping me owned a business nearby and came drove down when he saw the flash and bang. He said that he heard the car go flying by and then heard boom and the flash.

The car that was stopped when I got there was that person's friend. I don't know if they were racing or what, but that person was VERY upset. I overhead him say that the kid in the car was 19 years old. Toodamn young to die.

I left there after they covered him up with the sheet. They had the whole road closed for accident reconstruction. My guess, he was going over 80MPH.

*smh* sad!!!!!!

street racing is an increasingly popular thing to do these days with the kids -- theyre :crazy: i must say

here in the DC metro area there have been a few accidents contributed to street racing and quite a few kids has been killed all cuz of the sheer "joy" of street racing and not consider the dangers involved

:tears: Damn, it must be scary to be there and experiencing the tragedy. :ugh:

Glad that you can help somehow though. May God rest that 19 year old victim.

Wow, that is really sad :(. At least you stopped and tried to help them out and all. Some people are too damn arrogant and would just drive right bye without a care in the world.

Really sad to see someone so young lose his life. Gets me worried...I will be getting my license this September.

Imagine that was me. Me being 19. *passed out* Boy! What a short life. Gonna think twice. *sigh* hope the family of that boy would heal.

AHHHHHH THATS AWFUL!!!!!!!!!! may god rest his soul, and teach others that street racing is not an answer, if u want to street race, take it to a speedway like california did which was very good to do.....

Damn

Now I know why they posted warnings not to street race on every copy of "The Fast and The Furious"

Good thing I dont drive like that guy.

This is something that I will remember for a while. There is one other accident that I went to as a firefighter back in my hometown that I will remember for a long time, too. When I called 911, I realize that I knew where I was, but I forgot the name of the street. Thank God, they had already gotten a call from another person. My mind went blank. I know it was just off the hiway and explained where it was and what town it was in.

Originally posted by prostock19
This is something that I will remember for a while. There is one other accident that I went to as a firefighter back in my hometown that I will remember for a long time, too. When I called 911, I realize that I knew where I was, but I forgot the name of the street. Thank God, they had already gotten a call from another person. My mind went blank. I know it was just off the hiway and explained where it was and what town it was in.

at least u did the right thing by calling 911

WOW.. all car accidents brings me flash back.. still upset about it.. but at least I am alive after all.. :)

reason why i am still upset about accidents.

Reason why I am still upset about the past.. I am trying to move on.. but its hard.. still stick in my mind.. "why me and how"... I still have fears to drive across any intersections, even tho dont have yeild or stop sign.. I still slow down or almost stop before i across the intersections.. my heart beats so fast or even almost pass out.. well, back in 1991-Nov 24 (few days before thanksgiving).. after i went thru trauma with my first ex.. i moved back in my mom's home.. and i looked for job.. I had interviews..I was hire so..I was on way to the daycare with my 1st daughter, she was 18 mo.. plan to drop her off then go to new job to start first day of work.
Unforunately, I had no seat belt on.. my daughter was fussy.. her pacifer was on floor. I picked up and gave to her.. with my right arm while i was watching on road.. after i gave it to her.. the seat beat (shoulder) flabbing around behind my neck.. so i moved it back. but it start to flabbing around again.. so i decided to buckle it.. I would say few second later.. I saw the school bus went across the hwy without at stop sign... and I woke up, I was in ER.. I only remember little, that's why i am upset about it.. Only i remembered that my hands was stuck under the steer wheel, my right foot was stuck under the dashboard, and was bleeding alot, I kept passing out, i woke again, I saw the man next to me, he was writing all over his arm to let me know that he called 911, his wife have my daughter in their van to keep her warm and stay out of nasty sights, he took his t-shirt out to put on my nose to try stop bleeding.. and told me not to move my neck.. , i passed out again... I woke again.. I saw my brother ran toward to me with tears streaming down.. I passed out again, I woke and saw all nurses and drs in ER and were puzzled that I dont have any broken bones or stitches.. but almost 85% of my body are full with bruises and badly sprained foot, both hands & nose.. :eek: Also, its so amazing that my daughter is unhurt! even the bowling ball (15 pounds) flew by above us and went thru the front window.. but later, i found out that lady & man who helped us there at first.. the EMT and cops even my brother said they never saw them.. but they got a call from them (even they called my mom and my bro- how the heck they got their numbers whats more they didnt even touch my purse or my phone book, it was in bag under the carseat, i found them later at impound--untouched).. they didnt come forward to be my witness or give their names.. they said they are our guardian angels..
But the reason i am upset.. because i dont remember after i saw school bus came across the hwy.. but alot people witnessed and told how it happened.. whats more.. i got alot of cards from the Elementary students/teachers that i and my daughter are their heroes. because the school bus driver was drunk, she was on way to pick up the kids.. so they said I saved 38 lives...
Also, I placed in newspaper twice that I am seeking for those guardian angels who saved us and I wanted to thank them.. they were never found.. or come forward.. I just am thankful for them and up above for letting me to have other chance of my life.. that day was really blessed.. the seat belt thing & my daughter was unhurt & the couple were there for us. It is like.. "hover their wings around us".....
:)

how true.. about less 5 miles from my mom's home.. she told me once in while that whatever she passed that my accident site, it creep her out.. :|

:eek: that's why I never drive *knock on wood* heh cuz I'm used to takin buses and trains :laugh2: but one day I eventually will have to drive :| blah..

Originally posted by MsGiglz
how true.. about less 5 miles from my mom's home.. she told me once in while that whatever she passed that my accident site, it creep her out.. :|
Wow Annie. :grouphug: Have you tried counselling to get over it?

Back