Back to the Future Trilogy - Blu-Ray

I remember that series. Think my favorite was the first one though :)

Will the quality of the movie be better?

I don't see why we should bother getting bluray discs for old shows if they don't improve the quality of it, except to make the on-screen and menu options fancy or whatever.

I don't see why we should bother getting bluray discs for old shows if they don't improve the quality of it, except to make the on-screen and menu options fancy or whatever.

Just because it was on both VHS and DVD doesn't mean it cannot be improved upon. In fact, the movies were degraded on both VHS and DVD.

Film itself is a high quality format for movies to be shot on. Far, far more than both VHS, DVD and Blu-ray. That's why more and more movies are now being re-mastered at 4K, 6K and 8K resolutions for home video. They want to be more prepared this time for more high definition formats to come. A lot of masters were originally done at 480i/p then 720p and 1080i/p when the DVD format gained popularity.

When the Blu-ray format was introduced, they had to re-master a good number of their old titles to 2K and above. When you see the word, "re-master", it means they took the film reels and scanned them, re-mixed the sounds, etc for the home video market. Back then, they rarely used these masters for theatrical runs since the resolution wasn't that great when they were projected onto a giant screen. Nowadays, they are being mastered at 4K and above, now they are starting to use these masters at digital cinema because the quality is good enough to be viewed on a giant screen.

Some old TV shows, even from the 50s and 60s can be viewed in high definition. For instance, the original Star Trek series. It never has looked this good. Some TV shows that were shot on analog video cannot be upgraded to high definition. For instance, Full House.

People seems to have this mentality that if a movie that is more than a few years old, it cannot look better than it did on DVD which couldn't be further from the truth. It's the opposite, the movies were severely compressed in order to fit on the DVD.

Awesomeness, will it also be available on HD-DVD??

For those who are worried about the transfer quality on the BTTF blu-ray discs, here is a quote from Mr. Bob Gale himself from the BTTF.net blog:

We caught up with Bob last weekend at the 2010 DeLorean Car Show in Lexington, Kentucky to get his thoughts on the new Hi-Def transfers of the films. “The HD transfers for all three films are simply breath-taking,” Gale told BTTF.com. “They actually look better than they did in the theater because of the incredible job that was done on dirt clean-up. (And the film grain is preserved, so they still look like movies should look.) And hearing the sound in full dynamic range is — okay, I’ll say it — a blast!”

‘Back to the Future Trilogy’ 25th anniversary Blu-ray Disc boxed set arriving October 26, 2010! BackTalk – Official Back to the Future? News

The age film still beat any digital technology for media high quality. That's why the most movie use the film over digital technology.

Independence Day is old from 1996 but they used film.

jio03p.jpg

n6c1s0.jpg

Left is DVD and right is blu-ray.

Don't you noticed between DVD and VHS from Star wars for quality?

The age film still beat any digital technology for media high quality. That's why the most movie use the film over digital technology.

jio03p.jpg

n6c1s0.jpg

Nope. I watch movies for the story, not the quality.

"Whoa, that was a good movie!"

"I dunno... I couldn't see the newspaper very well in that scene where that guy was holding the newspaper."

"What newspaper? Who cares about the newspaper? It was a good movie!"

"Well, maybe... but I wish I could see how many wood planks they used for that fence."

:(

jio03p.jpg

n6c1s0.jpg

Same concept when 35mm film from SLR is better than early when DSLR adopted. It took so long that DSLR has finally meet on both price and quality.

Nope. I watch movies for the story, not the quality.

"Whoa, that was a good movie!"

"I dunno... I couldn't see the newspaper very well in that scene where that guy was holding the newspaper."

"What newspaper? Who cares about the newspaper? It was a good movie!"

"Well, maybe... but I wish I could see how many wood planks they used for that fence."

:(

Don't tell me you enjoy to watch whole blurry pictures? :eek3: The blurry pictures is not really good for your eyes. I thought most Deaf do care of clear pictures.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH0BNbwqNK8&]YouTube - Back to the Future 25th Anniversary Edition - Own it 10/26 on Blu-ray & DVD[/ame]
Vlog preview

Back