Back in Black: Elite 360 Confirmed

Sweet. I watched my nephew play some games, he is only 5, but he is pretty good. Our kids are kicking our asses, eh Irish? LOL.

I have a HDMI input on my TV, BUT it does not offer 1080p, so I don't have any real temptation to get an Elite.

I believe Gamestop/EB has a deal where you can trade in your old 360 towards a Elite for a below fair or fair deal.

I bought 32" Westinghouse HDTV at Hhgregg in Indiana, just drove with my uncle.

Also, my new HDTV does have HDMI, DVI, 2 component, VGA, composite with s-video and support ATSC (HD built-in) then I watched on some tv shows and play on Xbox 360 via 1080i on component cable, it looks nice but only problem about 480i, such as MTV is in 480i (NTSC) and watched on HDTV then picture quality looks little blurry.

I bought 32" Westinghouse HDTV at Hhgregg in Indiana, just drove with my uncle.

Also, my new HDTV does have HDMI, DVI, 2 component, VGA, composite with s-video and support ATSC (HD built-in) then I watched on some tv shows and play on Xbox 360 via 1080i on component cable, it looks nice but only problem about 480i, such as MTV is in 480i (NTSC) and watched on HDTV then picture quality looks little blurry.

I test that westinghouse HDTV with style CC. I dislike, it's hard to read when it's half or full transparent. It seem there is no "bold" but thin text. ugh.

Standard tv is still in 480i. HDtv is usually in 720p. I may be wrong however, and feel free to correct me.

Sweet. I watched my nephew play some games, he is only 5, but he is pretty good. Our kids are kicking our asses, eh Irish? LOL.

I have a HDMI input on my TV, BUT it does not offer 1080p, so I don't have any real temptation to get an Elite.

I believe Gamestop/EB has a deal where you can trade in your old 360 towards a Elite for a below fair or fair deal.
Not really, in my opinion it is rip off. Gamestop told me that they would accept trade in my old system for $250 toward for Elite system. I lost $190 includes tax plus pay $250 includes tax for elite. That's a TERRIBLE deal.

I test that westinghouse HDTV with style CC. I dislike, it's hard to read when it's half or full transparent. It seem there is no "bold" but thin text. ugh.

I don't have problem with their CC, just more crisper than my old SDTV.

It's probably from 480i, that where most network channel don't support HD then you would have experience with picture quality issue and even CC issue.

Not really, in my opinion it is rip off. Gamestop told me that they would accept trade in my old system for $250 toward for Elite system. I lost $190 includes tax plus pay $250 includes tax for elite. That's a TERRIBLE deal.

Sell on Ebay would be better one.

I don't have problem with their CC, just more crisper than my old SDTV.

It's probably from 480i, that where most network channel don't support HD then you would have experience with picture quality issue and even CC issue.

I don't think you understand. And it have nothing with any 480i thru network. In fact, I don't even own it. I check it out at Best Buy to see what CC is like...

I'm saying that background behind text where black solid when I set it as half transparents and it show too difficult to read when white object motive around. The full transparents is worst, barely read text. I check the set that text is solid color without transparents. I dunno what I miss....

I don't think you understand. And it have nothing with any 480i thru network. In fact, I don't even own it. I check it out at Best Buy to see what CC is like...

I'm saying that background behind text where black solid when I set it as half transparents and it show too difficult to read when white object motive around. The full transparents is worst, barely read text. I check the set that text is solid color without transparents. I dunno what I miss....

That's Best Buy's HDTV problem, also I bought at other store in Indiana.

This CC on my HDTV looks fine to me, even more crisper than my old SDTV.

That's Best Buy's HDTV problem, also I bought at other store in Indiana.

This CC on my HDTV looks fine to me, even more crisper than my old SDTV.

it look fine crispy when I look closer to the display. However, at the far away from TV to watch, it's not easy to read. :(

it look fine crispy when I look closer to the display. However, at the far away from TV to watch, it's not easy to read. :(

Same here, I always watch TV when little closer to it.

Too far from watch TV would make me to make more diffcult to read CC.

HELL YEAH!!! I will get one but only need check out about how much is money to left then I will trade my Xbox 360 into black Xbox 360 at Gamestop or EBgames...

I hate analog, such as VGA cable and component cable because 1080p is all BS, that BIGGEST BS!!! I rather to play Xbox 360 games on 1080p, even if games support 1080p via HDMI and easier to make automatically into 1080p without mess up my monitor. Fuck to analog cable, no more for me but ouch!!!! I will still use it when I want sleep at hotel or other family's house...

Thanks to MS for not cost us too expensive since $480 is fucking cheaper than PS3, also if trade in then would even more cheaper than we expected...

PS3 offer blu ray and its the reason why its costly. Look at all other blu ray players' prices. You will get the picture why PS3 is cheaper than xbox 360. If PS3 without blu ray just like xbox 360 without HD DVD... how much PS3 would cost? I am sure it would be way lesser than 400 bucks.

PS3 offer blu ray and its the reason why its costly. Look at all other blu ray players' prices. You will get the picture why PS3 is cheaper than xbox 360. If PS3 without blu ray just like xbox 360 without HD DVD... how much PS3 would cost? I am sure it would be way lesser than 400 bucks.

PS3 is cheaper? Are you sure?

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=020072

Compare that to Xbox 360:

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=B020073A

Even the Premium package is cheaper than PS3!

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=020253

This Xbox 360 bundle don't included with HD-DVD add-on and wireless adapter.

Xbox 360 Elite is $480, also add HD-DVD add-on for $200 and wireless adapter for $100 then total would be $780 and $50 for 12 month Xbox Live, Gold Membership is optional, also require if you want play games with multiplayers via Xbox Live.

Right but read what Zing said...PS3 is cheaper than 360 which do not make sense.

Well, I think that he means about compare with PS3 and Xbox 360 in total with all add-on.

Xbox 360 would be cheaper if you aren't interesting in HD-DVD movies and rather to use wired to router.

In a sense, the PS3 is cheaper if you prefer to use WiFi for gaming and want a HD DVD player too. WiFi is included inside the PS3, while Microsoft's WiFi requires another additional $100, and then the HD DVD player is another $200. And I could throw in the 120gb HDD, another $180 or so.

Initally, the 360 is much cheaper, but if you look at the bigger picture, the PS3 offers the better deal.

In a sense, the PS3 is cheaper if you prefer to use WiFi for gaming and want a HD DVD player too. WiFi is included inside the PS3, while Microsoft's WiFi requires another additional $100, and then the HD DVD player is another $200. And I could throw in the 120gb HDD, another $180 or so.

Initally, the 360 is much cheaper, but if you look at the bigger picture, the PS3 offers the better deal.

Yup and MGS4 is slated to be PS3-exclusive.

Back