Back From Ent

TAMI SAM

Reaction score
Dissapointing visit to my Dr.The place was packed! 1/2 hour wait just to see the good doc.Now my right(dead) ear has a small hole in eardrum:dunno:.This is the ear that had some fluid leaking and had an infection so i was using eardrops.No wonder I felt them burn in my throat:-o.Now its a wait and see again.I go back the end of August and if it isnt closed he'll take care of it in the office.I asked him how" Lets just wait and see what happens" when they wont tell you you know thats never good!! No water in ear either -ALL SUMMER. Man, there goes any swimming. I asked him about the A.N.I. that might have been better than CI. Rest easy CI'ers.He says no way. Its a long way off and a CI will prove to be better.

Also the menieres burnout-its great dizziness is lessening will it ever be totally gone? Theres no way to really guarantee that. Its like asking a Dr. will someones cancer ever come back. I also finally got the tube in my HA replaced. I thought that the Audi's put a bend in it turns out its already placed in the tube when they replace it.So since May 30th when I left the CI appointment I have had a straight tube put in. DOESNT ANYBODY KNOW WHAT THE HECK THEY ARE DOING? Well at least I've got the comfortable fit back. Couldnt even get my hearing results to post so Im going to have to use the two I have here. I'll try taking a picture with digital camera and see if I can get it on.So thanks for the good wishes for my dr visit eberybody wish it had gone better.

Dissapointing visit to my Dr.The place was packed! 1/2 hour wait just to see the good doc.Now my right(dead) ear has a small hole in eardrum:dunno:.This is the ear that had some fluid leaking and had an infection so i was using eardrops.No wonder I felt them burn in my throat:-o.Now its a wait and see again.I go back the end of August and if it isnt closed he'll take care of it in the office.I asked him how" Lets just wait and see what happens" when they wont tell you you know thats never good!!

My sister had a perforated eardrum and they performed a tympanoplasty. If you'd like to learn more about it, visit:

Ear Surgery Information Center-Tympanic Perforation

This surgery is done on an outpatient basis and rarely results in any loss of hearing. By the way, I also had a perforated eardrum since age 17, but it completely healed on its own.

I asked him about the A.N.I. that might have been better than CI. Rest easy CI'ers.He says no way. Its a long way off and a CI will prove to be better.

Even when the AMI is approved by the FDA, it will take another 5-10 years before trials begin and even longer before insurance companies will cover the cost of this procedure.

Also the menieres burnout-its great dizziness is lessening will it ever be totally gone? Theres no way to really guarantee that. Its like asking a Dr. will someones cancer ever come back.

I'm glad the dizziness is improving. One of my friends has Meniere's and hates having to deal with dizziness on a daily basis. :(

I hope you have much better news at your next appointment in August!

end

U felt the eardrops all the way to your throat? Oooohhh..I am sorry about that! Hope u will feel better soon!

Dissapointing visit to my Dr.The place was packed! 1/2 hour wait just to see the good doc.Now my right(dead) ear has a small hole in eardrum:dunno:.This is the ear that had some fluid leaking and had an infection so i was using eardrops.No wonder I felt them burn in my throat:-o.Now its a wait and see again.I go back the end of August and if it isnt closed he'll take care of it in the office.I asked him how" Lets just wait and see what happens" when they wont tell you you know thats never good!! No water in ear either -ALL SUMMER. Man, there goes any swimming. I asked him about the A.N.I. that might have been better than CI. Rest easy CI'ers.He says no way. Its a long way off and a CI will prove to be better.

Also the menieres burnout-its great dizziness is lessening will it ever be totally gone? Theres no way to really guarantee that. Its like asking a Dr. will someones cancer ever come back. I also finally got the tube in my HA replaced. I thought that the Audi's put a bend in it turns out its already placed in the tube when they replace it.So since May 30th when I left the CI appointment I have had a straight tube put in. DOESNT ANYBODY KNOW WHAT THE HECK THEY ARE DOING? Well at least I've got the comfortable fit back. Couldnt even get my hearing results to post so Im going to have to use the two I have here. I'll try taking a picture with digital camera and see if I can get it on.So thanks for the good wishes for my dr visit eberybody wish it had gone better.

If the perforation doesn't close he/she will likely put a paper patch on the ear drum. This provides a medium for the tissue of the eardrum to grow across and heal itself. Keep the ear dry, or else you run the risk of the perforation getting larger or infection will creep in.

As far as the bend in the tubing, I assume you have a BTE and they replaced the tubing in your earmold? Most tubing comes preformed with a curve where you insert it into the earmold.

Thanks for the good wishes everyone! Hear Again I appreciate the site, very interesting, says exactly as you said Steve. Well that doesnt sound too bad if it doesnt heal on its own. Been through worse. I am sorry your friend is so sick with menieres disease Hear Again.If she would ever like to e-mail me about it pm me and I'll give you my addy. Its awful to live with.

Tami Sam,

I just might do that -- thanks for the offer! :) My friend has had Meniere's for about 2 years now and tends to go into a major panic (which is understandable) whenever she experiences any change in hearing. She doesn't wear hearing aids, but worries that with every change of hearing she has, she's getting closer and closer to needing them.

Hear Again Yes feel free to ask I dont mind at all.Maybe I can help her. I only wish I had had someone to talk to about it.I'm sorry to hear about her hearing. She wont want to hear this and might be better not even to say it to her,but before I got MM(menieres) My hearing was fine.Dammit!But i could talk to her about different meds and what i did during an attack that helped.You can tell her it does lessen after time (23 yrs ugh) dont tell her that.lol.

Back