Baby burns after mum has 'one can of lager'

LuciaDisturbed

Reaction score
Baby burns after mum has 'one can of lager'

A UK mother whose baby suffered extreme sunburn after she forgot to cover him up has blamed her negligence on just "one can of lager," The Daily Mail reports.

Anna Baboy's five-month-old son suffered severe burns to 40 percent of his body after she took him to Brighton Beach on one of the hottest days of the year.

Onlookers reported Miss Baboy appeared drunk and that her son's burns had to be pointed out to her.

"I pointed to the blisters that were forming on the boy's leg and was saying "sunburn, sunburn" but she didn't get it," witness Alex Coulson told The Daily Mail.

Miss Baboy's husband, Christopher Wilson has denied claims that she was drunk, instead saying the strong sun had caused her to act erratically.

"She wasn't drunk or boozing it up," he said.

"She had one can of lager and it obviously went to her head."

The couple have since had to plead with social services not to take their son into care.

The case is being investigated by police.

I feel so bad for the poor baby!

Damn right, I do too! (feel sorry for the baby)....I've seen so many, many mothers with their babies in the hot sun! Some in strollers, and their legs sunburned!..I've stopped a few, and very nicely asked if they had a blanket to cover the baby's legs....A baby's skin is very delicate....

What is wrong with these stupid mothers?

Damn right, I do too! (feel sorry for the baby)....I've seen so many, many mothers with their babies in the hot sun! Some in strollers, and their legs sunburned!..I've stopped a few, and very nicely asked if they had a blanket to cover the baby's legs....A baby's skin is very delicate....

What is wrong with these stupid mothers?

These days, I wonder what happened to the sunhats, baby booties and receiving blankets when I see the babies with their heads, feet and skin exposed to all the elements.

I'm wondering how vastly different the past and my era was raised compared to nowadays.

I recall so well how my sister would put a bonnet on her kids whereas her own friends wouldn't. Putting a bonnet on the babies prevents those sunburns, the wind affecting their ear canals and so on.

Common prevention like putting a thin receiving blanket on a baby when you're going for a walk. We can't leave their skin exposed to the sun, wind, water and so on.

Their bare feet and hands needs to be covered up as that's where body heat escapes. Babies' hands and feet will always be cool & it needs to be covered up with cotton socks.

I do use their cotton socks to cover up their hands for the first month to prevent themselves from scratching their faces.

Things have really changed nowadays, so sad.

Wirelessly posted

I don't think the stupidity has changed, just they're more likely to be reported more often now that there's virtually no privacy.

Poor baby! how dumb his mother is! :(

I found my oldest old hat for Z! He was sooo cute in it! He didn't mind wearing it at all! :) So that helped to prevent from getting burn on his face and head.

I would have to put some sun blocks on him, I mean tons of it.

I hate the heat so I was always concerned when I see babies all covered up and I hoped they wouldn't get too hot but the op's post has made me think again. I certainly wouldn't want any baby of mine getting a bad sunburn either.

I hate the heat so I was always concerned when I see babies all covered up and I hoped they wouldn't get too hot but the op's post has made me think again. I certainly wouldn't want any baby of mine getting a bad sunburn either.

If it was my baby I would cover him or her from head to foot in white or very light colored clothes, and I would bring a blanket along to drape over the baby carrier if it gets too hot, plus I would find sunblock with the higher SPF possible, and lather that on the baby's face, neck, hands, and legs, and any other skin areas that aren't covered with clothes. The feet would be in white cotton socks. I would put light colored sun hats or bonnets on the baby as well. There are SPF 100 sunblocks out now, at Walmart (I was shocked when I saw them at Walmart last weekend, and I was also very impressed as well). Light colored clothes will keep the baby cool and comfortable. And whenever the baby is in the car and I am driving I would use those dark roll-down blinds that you can put in the back seat windows, as sun coming through the glass can make it feel hotter and sometimes result in a sunburn as well. That's what my aunt and uncle did with their twin boys. I would never ever allow my baby to be out in direct sunlight ever....total shade is ALWAYS a must. I would also put little sunglasses with UVA protection (or whatever it is called) on the baby as well, to keep him or her comfortable (and also to protect the eyes as well...the baby doesn't know that looking at the sun is bad for the eyes). I would do all that because it gets VERY hot in TX in the summer...we get triple digits temperatures all the time (100's).

Back