Awesome Book...want to discuss?

Deaf-CIgirl

Reaction score
Has anyone read Train Go Sorry? I have just finished reading it for the second time? Does anyone have any opinions about the book? Any suggestions for other books like this one?

Has anyone read Train Go Sorry? I have just finished reading it for the second time? Does anyone have any opinions about the book? Any suggestions for other books like this one?

Yes, I have read it. It was written by a CODA that is a former English teacher at my son's Deaf School. An excellent book.

Link? Your link is a broken link.

It is an inspiring and great book. I had an honour to meet her in person about ten years ago and she signed on the book for me.

I've read that book. It is an awesome book! I would definitely recommend that book to anyone. I could in some way identify with the author about her experience growing up with deaf parents.

Leah Hager Cohen didn't have deaf parents.....she had Deaf GRANDPARENTS. Although her parents did teach at a school for the deaf. Oh and Train Go Sorry is one of my favorite books too! I was so psyched when I found a copy in a used book store.

Deaf-CIgirl,

I read Train Go Sorry and thought it was an excellent book.

If you look elsewhere on AD (sorry, I can't remember the exact thread), another poster asked for recommedations of other good books about deaf culture. In that thread, I responded with a list of several book titles.

If I can locate the thread, I'll post it here.

Leah Hager Cohen didn't have deaf parents.....she had Deaf GRANDPARENTS. Although her parents did teach at a school for the deaf. Oh and Train Go Sorry is one of my favorite books too! I was so psyched when I found a copy in a used book store.

Ah, My apologies. You're right. Thanks for the correction.

Yes, She has deaf grandparents and her father was the superintendent of Lexington School for the Deaf.

If anyone else is interested - Here's more of her books and her blog is also included in this link.

Leah Hager Cohen - Official Author Website

I honestly learned alot about a culture I haven't grown up to love. Even though I am deaf, I havent ever been a part of the deaf culture so this book has really opened my eyes to many things I never knew before.

I just visited her site and wow--I'm blown away by her writing. I'll be adding her book to my "must read" pile!

Back