away msgs...

Reaction score
I have question for every1...

if a person use various away msgs to make it interesting and different from other. and one person insulted them and try to get them to use different away msg that arent stupid or silly to him/her?

What you really think and would do if that happens to you?

I use different away msgs that I got from website. I thought it was interesting, or funny... I pick different away msg sometimes. even art away msg, or insult, or quote, etc. for ex. I'd use....

...· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:-
-:¦:- (( °º °
"(¨`v´¨)::" °..··..*.. ·· ..°
*..·°-:¦:- `v´* Be Right Back *-:¦:- °·..* * °.. ·· ..*.. ·· ..° * -:¦:- * °.. ·· ..*.. ·· .:.° * -:¦:-

and

I'm not here right now, so cry me a river, build me a bridge, and GET OVER IT.

and

I'm running around naked because I don't have any clean clothes. If you need me, come visit me in the laundry room %n.

or

I am away! So, you have the right to remain silent because any thing you say will probably be stupid, especially if it is coming from %n.

I have a lot away msg. Im just giving u examples. those kind of away messages, whatever you get from website or create your own away msg that u thought it'd be interesting... funny... something different. but the person, ur friend insult you abt ur choice of away msg, and seem to try to get u to normal away msg similar to his/her. would that pisses u off? bite their head off for telling u what to do, etc?

Somebody did that to me few times. It really pisses me off. the way they insult me and try to get me to use different away msg, probably like his/her... I told that person off. I didnt like it if any1 try to tell me what to do... This is my choices, not their. my sn, my away msg. they'd have to deal with it. simple, dont read them, or shut their mouth abt it... Its not their right to try to get the person to change away msg to what they like... boring & dull, Im sure.

I think some of them are funny I haven't seen such a message like that before I have seen some silly away message...(Points at VamPyroX) :D

What website did you find your away message? I would like to see it and add some on my away message.

Cheri said:
I think some of them are funny I haven't seen such a message like that before I have seen some silly away message...(Points at VamPyroX) :D

What website did you find your away message? I would like to see it and add some on my away message.
:rofl: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!

I have used that

Hey, %n, can you do me a favor?
O.K. Follow these steps:
1. Look at your buddy list
2. Look at my screen name on your buddy list
Tell me, do you see the little yellow notepad by my name?
Yea?
Well, guess what it means... it means I'm not here, dumbass.

I have a few of 'em, myself. :) Guess you'll have to wait til I'm not there to test 'em out. :) I try being original. I promise.

o0obluemoon0o0 said:
~Kiz

P.S. you guys dont seem to answer my ?'s. I asked if any1 insult you and try to make u to change ur away msg, cuz they think ur away msg is stupid. what would u do? or say?

I would say where your Humor? heh!

I do try to be creative with my away messages...and for particular reasons when I'm away -- :P

I think those messages are away. They don't realize that %n is actually a code that inputs the sender's screen name automatically. I've never really had away messages like that but do have a few funny ones of my own.

o0obluemoon0o0 said:
U can find them in search... try search in google.com I think theres a website, www.awaymessages.com or www.aimawaymessages.com/ www.hellicon.com I think they also have away msg. not sure.

~Kiz

P.S. you guys dont seem to answer my ?'s. I asked if any1 insult you and try to make u to change ur away msg, cuz they think ur away msg is stupid. what would u do? or say?

Sorry umm no no one has but I would tell em to shut up and don't worry about it.

I have three most common away message I use all the time at specific time or common task... here the 3 are...

1. Hello, is your fridge running? Well mine is and I'm around the house trying to catch it... There are plenty more fish in the sea, but hey who wants to go out with a fish?... You can pick your friends. You can pick your nose but you can't pick your friend's nose...

2. I owe credit card bill, I owe rent, I owe apt/car insurance, So it's off to work I go so my job owe me... lv a msg or reach me at ******@tmail.com

3.I've slipped into a coma, but %n please don't call an ambulance. I'd like to stay like this for at least 8 hours. Pleasant dreams!

(notice if you put %n in your away message, it will show anyone's screen name pop on their message)

This is my away message that i always have it everytime...

Working seesh u know its 44 years left till retirement sounds long heh :-\

LOL l like your away messages Pimpdaddy and Eric. :P

I just pulled some that I like the Most in the website that o0obluemoon0o0 just linked to us.

Here some of my away message:
You actually reading my away message now I feel Special.
I fell off the chair and this might take a while.
I dropped my keyboard when I find it I'll get back to you.

MalfyChickie had a away message of (brb I promise!!!) and she did came back LOL!

o0obluemoon0o0 said:
Somebody did that to me few times. It really pisses me off. the way they insult me and try to get me to use different away msg, probably like his/her... I told that person off. I didnt like it if any1 try to tell me what to do... This is my choices, not their. my sn, my away msg. they'd have to deal with it. simple, dont read them, or shut their mouth abt it... Its not their right to try to get the person to change away msg to what they like... boring & dull, Im sure.

Cheri (and others),

I primarily use AOL to chat with people, and they have an away feature built in. Usually, I put my away up when I'm playing with the kids (niece and nephew) on the computer since they are young and demand so much of my attention. I will also use my away when I'm in a crappy mood, and just don't want to be bothered with people (Malfoyish can attest to this, herself! lol). Anyway, when I use my away, I try to be creative with things like "Don't bother me unless you want to get my toxic waste all over you!" lol, or something like this. I tend to be really sarcastic when I'm cranky! lol But, anyway ...

So far, no one has ever complained about my messages, or tried to bully me into changing them. If they do, though, they will hear my mouth! I'm not someone who likes to be told what to do or how to do it! LOL

So, Cheri ..In a nutshell..Do what you wish..If you like some of the messages, use 'em! Nothing wrong with it. And, if someone doesn't like something, you can just tell 'em to take a hike! I know I would! LOL

Oceanbreeze said:
Cheri (and others),

I primarily use AOL to chat with people, and they have an away feature built in. Usually, I put my away up when I'm playing with the kids (niece and nephew) on the computer since they are young and demand so much of my attention. I will also use my away when I'm in a crappy mood, and just don't want to be bothered with people (Malfoyish can attest to this, herself! lol). Anyway, when I use my away, I try to be creative with things like "Don't bother me unless you want to get my toxic waste all over you!" lol, or something like this. I tend to be really sarcastic when I'm cranky! lol But, anyway ...

So far, no one has ever complained about my messages, or tried to bully me into changing them. If they do, though, they will hear my mouth! I'm not someone who likes to be told what to do or how to do it! LOL

So, Cheri ..In a nutshell..Do what you wish..If you like some of the messages, use 'em! Nothing wrong with it. And, if someone doesn't like something, you can just tell 'em to take a hike! I know I would! LOL

yeah... I'm like that. Im not some1 who likes to be told what to do or how to do things like that. this guy who I met recently.. It was 2nd time he did it. I didnt say anything first time. I kept my cool.. then 2nd time he said it, was much worst.. it literally pisses me off. I told him to shut the :fu2: up.. and this is my aim, my sn, my away msg, he can deal with it or go :fu2: himself. He was the first one that actually insulted me and tried to tell me what to do with my away msg. :asshole: :rl:
(not literally, lol)

~Kiz

I usually don't use the away messages, I left it up to my AIM bot to take care of.. it is much more funnier that way when anyone IMed me and puzzled how fast I talked (actually it was my lovely AIM bot who did) and made some conversation with them.. It is quite funny, only wish that I didn't lose these conversations to HD reformat :(

I believe I still have few but need to look for it.

Magatsu said:
I usually don't use the away messages, I left it up to my AIM bot to take care of.. it is much more funnier that way when anyone IMed me and puzzled how fast I talked (actually it was my lovely AIM bot who did) and made some conversation with them.. It is quite funny, only wish that I didn't lose these conversations to HD reformat :(

I believe I still have few but need to look for it.

How does AIM bot works???

You will need to install a bot called "Alice" bot on your computer then install the AIM plugin to make it work but that was like several months ago but not sure about present, will post more information, where to download and vice vera. In fact, I didn't use AIM for several months now so I am pretty "out" of that part anyway will post asap.

Alice bot have 500,000 words or higher.. it can "learn".. all you need to do is "talk" to it (make some convo forth-back-forth with it), it will "learn" the words, basic sentences, basic quotes, etc.. it will even tell you that you are impolite if you swear.. It is java-based program, I believe.

Edit: Ah, found it. You can get a AIM bot by go to http://www.zabaware.com/representative/aimbot.html and it is free. Be sure to read the instruction. Seem that it isn't Alice anymore.. it is Ultra Hal but same bot who can "chat" with anyone thru AIM for you.

Last edited:
Back