Auslan Student

I'm about 4 hours away from Sydney. Their aren't many Deaf people in my area, Hence i joined here in the hope of meeting people that might be able to point me in the right direction.

My problem is that although I can sign OK, I don't have anyone to talk with - therefore I find it hard to practice reading signs. I've been watching video's on youtube but there is only so much a person can do on the internet without video chatting with someone.

Do I make sense?

I'm about 4 hours away from Sydney. Their aren't many Deaf people in my area, Hence i joined here in the hope of meeting people that might be able to point me in the right direction.

My problem is that although I can sign OK, I don't have anyone to talk with - therefore I find it hard to practice reading signs. I've been watching video's on youtube but there is only so much a person can do on the internet without video chatting with someone.

Do I make sense?
4 hours away eh.

Are you anywhere near the Central Coast?

I'm from Forster (god's country) - probably about 2 hours from the central coast. I've been looking for Deaf meets in Port Macquarie or Newcastle through Deaf Society but can't find anything that doesn't conflict with work.
(all I could find was a coffee chat group in Newcastle that meets once a month)

Is there anywhere else the groups would advertise? I'm not even sure i'm looking in the right places.

I'm from Forster (god's country) - probably about 2 hours from the central coast. I've been looking for Deaf meets in Port Macquarie or Newcastle through Deaf Society but can't find anything that doesn't conflict with work.
(all I could find was a coffee chat group in Newcastle that meets once a month)

Is there anywhere else the groups would advertise? I'm not even sure i'm looking in the right places.
I know a few people who lives in Newcastle. I'll might try and see if I can ask for more further deaf-related events in Newcastle. Will get back to you once I get some solid details.

"Her" isn't too fond of either of you right now.

I was thanking JClarke for helping me find Deaf friends in Newcastle!.....Jeez.

My Fault. Didn't think it would be such a big deal. Lol. Will no longer use Emoticons.

Lol - I think this is turning into one BIG understanding. Lets just say all 3 of us Looooove each other and be done with it. Awww.... GROUP HUG!

Back